Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at MY 2014-2016 SRT's and want the higher (7200#) tow rating, which I understand requires the 'towing package'.

I found a nice 2015 without that package. What does that package entail, and can it be added after-the-fact ?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Trailer Tow Group includes:
•Class IV hitch receiver
•4- and 7-pin wiring harness
•Compact spare tire (SRT®)
•Heavy-duty engine cooling

·
Registered
168 Posts
My SRT has a removeable tow bar and the 'tow' option for the gear selector, does this indicate I have the tow group package which will include additional engine cooling? If so is that simply more coolant volume?

·
Registered
117 Posts
My SRT has a removeable tow bar and the 'tow' option for the gear selector, does this indicate I have the tow group package which will include additional engine cooling? If so is that simply more coolant volume?
Yes if you have the tow option on the mode selector then you have the tow option. No it would be additional coolers for transmission oil cooling and different rad and rad fans.

Check this link for more info What is the "Heavy Duty Engine Cooling" in SRT towing package?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I’ve read that ta, not sure how to identify where additional coolers would be though if I had any.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts