Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When you resign a monster like the C63 you better do it right. (Pay attention SRT) This is how you do it. You make it lighter, give it better handling, and give it a smaller, more fuel efficient motor with 20% more HP by adding TT. Please send those guys over to SRT to give them a lesson.

http://blogs.insideline.com/straightline/2010/12/2012-mercedes-benz-c63-amg-black-series-coupe-to-have-twin-turbo-55-liter-v8.html

I thought I would throw this in here too. This thing is going to be nuts!!

http://blogs.insideline.com/straightline/2011/09/2012-chevy-camaro-zl1-580-horsepower-556-lb-ft-of-torque.html

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
If that ZL1 comes in around 50-$52k than it's mine.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Squig.........my girlfriend just bought a GlK 350, and while at the dealer an AMG rep was there and I heard him tell our salesman it was gonna sit around $112,000. Still high though, and the performance on it isn't mind-blowing for that money. Compare it to a GTR for example......

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Damm The new body S63 With the 5.5 TT runs 12.1-2'[email protected] , Imagine this little coupe ...

·
Registered
245 Posts
these HP numbers are insane! This is from factory correct? imagine when aftermarket additions are done. dang....

·
Registered
701 Posts
I'm more excited about the GT500 than any of them, but that ZL1 is pretty awesome, too. The C63 Black is fuggin pimp, but WAY out of my price range.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
In the horsepower wars, I guess it's Ford vs Chevy vs YoungMedic and 1BAMFR.

I like our odds.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Chrysler is working on supercharger packages for the LX cars for 2013.
The Viper is also rumored to come out mid next year.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
SRT doesn't work in $100k plus cars! You want a Jeep with 700hp? You can have it for a fraction of the price of the C63 Black. Just throw some mods on there!There are tons of cars that come with that kind of power for less money...including the two mentioned (Camaro ZL1 and GT500).

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Right now Chrysler is light years behind what others are doing performance wise. "Ya but next year they will have an 8 speed and a SC, and....." I haven't seen anything from SRT that has any WOW factor as of yet. Where as most of the other companies are shaving weight, FI everything, and using the modern technologies that are available. Not just adding a few cubes to an already old school single cam motor, and keeping a tranny that's over 6 years old. These guys got some serious work to do. Your right about one thing, they are not 100K cars, but that sure seems like the market they seem to want to compete with.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts