Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
8961 - 8962 of 8962 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I tested my mods yesterday and I joined this forum today. This is what I did for my Jeep today.
Hello All,
I recently purchased a beautiful 2007 SRT8 with 23,000 miles on it. I spent some time on here and other forums looking around and was impressed by the performance gains stated everywhere by adding a procharger, headers, and tune. I decided to purchase a procharger stage two kit, it has a P1SC1 (H). I also purchased a set of Stainless Works Headers and mid-pipes. I purchased it with a Solo cat back already on it. When I received the Jeep I ran some baseline runs. The best run stock was 13.23 @ 105.6. I purchased the Procharger, headers, and tune from a very well known and reputable performance shop known for building Cup NASCAR engines. After all these mods my best run was 12.56 @ 107.4. The Dyno results on a Mustang Dyno were 352 rwhp stock, 458 rwhp after all mods. Here is my question. My dealer / tuner told me Procharger makes wild claims stating 160+ hp gains with a stage 2 kit and the 50-85% bolt on power gains. Long story short if you do the math the performance gain overall was 30%. If you subtract 25hp for the headers you are left with 23% gain with the Procharger. I feel that there is some missing power somewhere. I find it hard to believe procharger makes those claims and only produces a 23% increase. If it is the case I feel like it is a fraud for the 15K investment in parts and labor. I feel like there is really something wrong here. I would like to hear from some folks with real data with the same or very close to the same mods. I am about to call Procharger to the table over this, unless I am missing something here this is terrible for gains. I should have built a motor....Any input and supporting data will be very much appreciated. I love my new Jeep and it is fast for a brick. However, I think there is some power left on the table..Thanks to all here. They call me Dave, nice to meet ya.

8961 - 8962 of 8962 Posts