Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
8961 - 8980 of 9009 Posts

· Registered
2007 GC SRT8 Procharger PSC1 Stage 2, Stainless Works Headers and Mid Pipes, Solo Catback, 85mm T
45 Posts
I tested my mods yesterday and I joined this forum today. This is what I did for my Jeep today.
Hello All,
I recently purchased a beautiful 2007 SRT8 with 23,000 miles on it. I spent some time on here and other forums looking around and was impressed by the performance gains stated everywhere by adding a procharger, headers, and tune. I decided to purchase a procharger stage two kit, it has a P1SC1 (H). I also purchased a set of Stainless Works Headers and mid-pipes. I purchased it with a Solo cat back already on it. When I received the Jeep I ran some baseline runs. The best run stock was 13.23 @ 105.6. I purchased the Procharger, headers, and tune from a very well known and reputable performance shop known for building Cup NASCAR engines. After all these mods my best run was 12.56 @ 107.4. The Dyno results on a Mustang Dyno were 352 rwhp stock, 458 rwhp after all mods. Here is my question. My dealer / tuner told me Procharger makes wild claims stating 160+ hp gains with a stage 2 kit and the 50-85% bolt on power gains. Long story short if you do the math the performance gain overall was 30%. If you subtract 25hp for the headers you are left with 23% gain with the Procharger. I feel that there is some missing power somewhere. I find it hard to believe procharger makes those claims and only produces a 23% increase. If it is the case I feel like it is a fraud for the 15K investment in parts and labor. I feel like there is really something wrong here. I would like to hear from some folks with real data with the same or very close to the same mods. I am about to call Procharger to the table over this, unless I am missing something here this is terrible for gains. I should have built a motor....Any input and supporting data will be very much appreciated. I love my new Jeep and it is fast for a brick. However, I think there is some power left on the table..Thanks to all here. They call me Dave, nice to meet ya.

· Registered
3,653 Posts
Upgraded my radar detector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 07ginger

· Registered
3,653 Posts
The replacements are here! I’m in love, I’ll be putting these on tomorrow.

Reactions: 07ginger and mondo

· Registered
3,653 Posts
Installed my new coil pack covers and gave the engine a quick detail!

· Registered
2014 supercharged srt
104 Posts
Well l recently purchased a 2014 supercharged srt site unseen took a chance that worked in favor. Took the car to .y mechanic .... who was a master mechanic at jeep. He changed all the oils removed my resonator and we discovered that the truck has a full race suspension from bwoody with eibach springs. Tueick also had dumps that we had to open cause the motors were froze. I also added new tires general grabbers,owing this truck.

· BlaBlaBla
5,423 Posts
Launched at the light, got up to the top of the bridge he was coming the other way, he got me for 30 over so he wouldn’t impound the jeep or give me a reckless
30 over in Michigan would get you 6 points, at least a 500.00 fine and maybe an impound.

Reactions: mondo
8961 - 8980 of 9009 Posts