Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

8901 - 8913 of 8913 Posts

·
Registered
3,478 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Been thinking about doing this, supposed to help torque. Let me know how it works, seriously interested in the results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will do. I only have a cam/ported intake manifold + FBO so it might be different than what you would see but I am going to datalog before and after, do a dragy comparison and if I notice a change, I'll dyno it to compare.

There's a video of someone doing a dyno on a heads/cam car and it picked up 16 horses.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
I saw some of those videos as well. I have a boosted 426 so I’m hoping it would be worth it HP wise. I have a 85mm now so not sure it would help me that much more.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I saw some of those videos as well. I have a boosted 426 so I’m hoping it would be worth it HP wise. I have a 85mm now so not sure it would help me that much more.

Yeah that's a good question. There is a post on all the srt8 forums from Andy at PWR which is a shop that used to mod these cars. He compared 85vs90vs100 and he saw the best power with 100mm. There is a lot of contradicting info out there so I decided to do my own test.

I was running stock to a 90mm ported manifold so I'm thinking it should give me something with some tuning. You can piece this kit together for 450$ish so I figured why not.

·
DONE
5,487 Posts
Yeah that's a good question. There is a post on all the srt8 forums from Andy at PWR which is a shop that used to mod these cars. He compared 85vs90vs100 and he saw the best power with 100mm. There is a lot of contradicting info out there so I decided to do my own test.

I was running stock to a 90mm ported manifold so I'm thinking it should give me something with some tuning. You can piece this kit together for 450$ish so I figured why not.
I had the 100mm with PWR's heads, cam and ported mani. Also ud pulley and kooks headers. I wish I did a comparison between the throttlebodys but it all went on at the same time. I'm still running the 100mm with my turbo setup. I went with the 100mm after probably reading the same post you read back then lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had the 100mm with PWR's heads, cam and ported mani. Also ud pulley and kooks headers. I wish I did a comparison between the throttlebodys but it all went on at the same time. I'm still running the 100mm with my turbo setup. I went with the 100mm after probably reading the same post you read back then lol
You still hold the heads/cam record with that set up right?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Eskles Maggie still running strong. Just wish I could got the cog set up haha

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
BlaBlaBla
5,248 Posts
Eskles Maggie still running strong. Just wish I could got the cog set up haha

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
That cog set up was incredibly loud. Produced 18 lbs. of boost though! Fun for racing. Sucked for cruising.
I miss the torque from a dig for sure!

·
Registered
2007 SRT8 Jeep Grand Cherokee
176 Posts
Picked up a “winter” muffler. Cyclone series. It’s only slightly less loud as the Street/Race kit but not as loud/less drone from 70-80 which was my problem area (with windows up). In the summer and windows open, the Street/Race kit is pure magic.

8901 - 8913 of 8913 Posts