Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 8718 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a wildly successful thread on another forum I'm on, so I thought I might as well start it here.

Today I traced down a loud squeling coming from the engine that I determined was a result of a cheap belt. I determined it was the belt by spraying the grooves of the belt with WD40 while the engine was running. If the squeling is the belt, the sqeeling will stop when you spray it.

Next I found a location to install my catch can. To do so I had to cut two bolts and trim the head of one of them. For those that have removed your stock CAI, there is a bracket just waiting to be put to work.

Here's some photos for the hell of it. I know it's not the prettiest thing you've ever seen, but it functions nicely. :)

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Man I'm glad you got it figured.All I did was look at it while it was under the carport when I went to work.Until I figure out a way to keep water out of the Venom hood vents,it will stay parked in the rain =(.Catch can looks good,but why not on the driver side of the head/block?

·
Registered
770 Posts
I feed mine today..gased it up for the week.

·
Registered
328 Posts
made love to its tail pipes..... just the usual

·
Registered
11,241 Posts
Used a full thank of gas looking for Kills till i found a Camaro SS and beat the hell out him . Now she sits on empty .

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
Well my friend let me use his Gtech SS & I did a few runs with him as he had to show me how to use it & hes 245lbs. & I had just filled my gas a few hours before heading to his house.not sure how acurate these things are but best I could click off was 0-60 3.74 sec.& a 1/4 mile showed a 12.24 I never heard much of this tool on this forum,cool little device.He let me use it for how ever long I need it.so yea,thats what I did to my jeep today..aka: beat on it! :)

·
Premium Member
1,110 Posts
I washed mine today, after getting rained out at the track Friday, it was all covered in refinery soot from the drive home past a bunch of gas & oil plants in the rain.

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
gave the beast a good wash and wax. sooooo smooth.

·
Registered
6,053 Posts
Changed my front diff, rear diff, and tc fluids. Emptied and cleaned the catch can. Cleaned and reoiled my air filter. Quick detail of the engine bay. Washed the rig, polised the borla tips, and took it to my favorite spot and snapped some pictures. I think I spent more time with the jeep then I did with Stacy!!! :eek: LOL

·
Premium Lurker
4,234 Posts
I think I spent more time with the jeep then I did with Stacy!!! :eek: LOL
Hehehe - get ready for all that to change once you get married, my friend! :p:lol: Great choice on the wedding band, BTW.

As for the Jeep, I let mine sunbathe while I sat on my ass all day yesterday and watched football...

·
Registered
770 Posts
Today I bought mine a new 'bumpstick' so we can go beating on some more victims!

·
Has Been
8,533 Posts
Scared the hell out of an old lady in traffic when I pulled up next to her at a red light and then floored it when it turned green with my cutouts full open.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Scared the hell out of an old lady in traffic when I pulled up next to her at a red light and then floored it when it turned green with my cutouts full open.
Don't have cutouts, but still loud enough to scare a beagle puppy that was walking with a young girl. It jumped in the air :D

Only other thing I did today was wipe brake dust off the rims. That's a daily ritual though.

1 - 20 of 8718 Posts
About this Discussion
8.7K Replies
588 Participants
bxcharger
Cherokee SRT8 Forum
Our Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Forum is a community dedicated to Jeep enthusiasts to discuss specs, horsepower, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing