Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had my entire fule basket changed cuz I had a little like in one of the hoses coming out of the fuel pump and since they dont sell the piece separately, the dealel installed a new fuel basket.

After driving the car for 1 whole day I got the following cel codes:

u1403-Implausible Fuel Level Signal Received
u1411-Implausible Fuel Volume Signal Received

My dealer said it is probably due to the new basket, and since the car runs fine, and the AFRs look perfect, we assume nothing should be wrong.

He suggested to erase codes with my predator and drive around for a while.

*It is important to mention that the tank was (and still is) pretty much empty when those codes were thrown.

The dealership told me if the codes appear again to bring the car in to have the fuel basket checked.

What do you guys think? Is the car still safe to drive around?

Thanx!

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx Anthony.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Should the ECU be flashed after putting in a new fuel basket?

My ride has recently have a custom paint job, and they took it all apart, could they have left a wire unplugged somewhere that might cuz this? Keep in mind I drove it for a whole day before the CEL codes kicked in.

Thanx!

Jose

·
Premium Member
12,170 Posts
I'm going with Occam's razor on this one.

"Occam's razor (or Ockham's razor[1]), entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem (Latin, roughly translated as "entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity"), is the principle that can be popularly stated as "when you have two competing theories that make exactly the same predictions, the simpler one is the better."[2] The principle is attributed to 14th-century English logician and Franciscan friar, William of Ockham. Occam's razor may be alternatively phrased as pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitate ("plurality should not be posited without necessity").[3]"

If someone was working on your fuel pump and you're getting fuel pump codes, my money is on my man Occam. :D

·
Registered
10,785 Posts
sounds like the network fuel level sensor is not working or was not hooked up at all or correctly take it back.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will do! Thanx!

Does this mean that my fuel reading in the instrument panel should be off?

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BUmp!!!!

Im getting my Jeep back friday and taking it to the dealrship on Monday.

I have been told it should be ok to drive. Does anybody have any other ideas why would this codes pop up?

WHere is the network fuel level sensor located???

THanx!!!

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took it to the dealer, they told me these codes probably stored from when they siwtched fuel baskets. They erased the codes, the instrument panl and fuel meter since to work fine. THey told me to drive around for the weekend and take it back on monday if i get the codes again.

Can somebody tell me where the network fuel lever sensor is located just to have the double check it on monday anyways?

Thanx!

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
The sensor is part of the fuel pump basket assembly. It send it's signal over CAN to the PCM. Not really easy for you to check. If your guage reads properly and you don't get the codes back, you can be pretty sure that it's functioning properly.

J

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanx a lot Joel!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts