Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw an announcement that Jeep will be releasing the Wrangler Rubicon 392 in 2021! It looks like MOPAR is dropping the SRT motor in everything these days... cars, pickups, SUV, and off road vehicles! I do like that thy are doing it, but a part of me feels like my GCSRT is getting watered down a bit.

I don’t keep up with future updates much so I’m out of the loop. Any word on the GC’s updates? Any new info on the Heliphant motor?

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
The JC SRT started getting watered down with the WK2. The WK1 SRT looked different from the regualat GCs, with the WK2, they all looked pretty much the same.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought the same thing EKAZ. When I had my WK1, I felt like it stood out among the sea of regular GCs. It looked different, sounded different, and you knew it was an SRT from blocks away. With the WK2 SRTs, you have to take a close look at the details to see it’s not JUST a GC... the brakes, the dual exhaust, fender flares, hood scoops, but even some of those details are now on the regular GCS.

Don’t get me wrong, I love you WK2 For all its luxury features. Driving my WK1 felt like driving and older muscle car, with it’s cheaper feeling interior.

·
BlaBlaBla
5,222 Posts
This is the reason I still have my 07. I’ve never kept a car for this long, including several classic cars. I still have people asking about it to this day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
333 Posts
The JC SRT started getting watered down with the WK2. The WK1 SRT looked different from the regualat GCs, with the WK2, they all looked pretty much the same.
Driving my WK1 felt like driving and older muscle car, with it’s cheaper feeling interior.
I love the look of the first gen better then the second. As already mentioned all the WK2's look the same. Nothing really sets them apart. But when you see a first gen coming towards you, you know. Those staggered five spokes with the tips in the middle of the bumper. Perfect! The raw feeling of the five speed transmission and the engine screaming at you on the highway looking for that 6th gear. Can't beat it.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
The 06-10 definitely paved the way for the popularity of this platform. Towards the end, everyone wanted one, yet most were turned off due to the center exhaust. Jeep went out and changed/offered features that kept potential buyers from buying the first generation. To me, that ruined it. You want to tow? Go buy a truck.

While nice & way more refined, I wish they would have kept that first generation distinctiveness. Like other have said above, you KNEW it was an SRT8. The front fascia with the low belly, and the rear bumper with the extra lights and center exhaust. The slim roof rack caps. The glistening 5 spoke chrome wheels, and the 4 pot brembos sticking out behind them.

With the WK2, all the bumpers/cladding are virtually the same from a distance. the overland/summit are the closest to the srt in my opinion.

Even back in the days when the WK1’s were still being produced, you never saw many of them. Currently that’s all you see, is the newer generation. Here’s why: If you look at the production numbers, jeep produced more than double the amount of 2012-2016 SRT’s, as compared to total 2006-2010 SRT8 production. That might be good for jeep, but for me, that screams cookie cutter and makes me not want one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts