Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cant wait to see what people do eventually but for now, doesnt look like anything soon.

·
Administrator
5,880 Posts
Being this is the first thread in this forum that's definate confirmation. In time it will come I'm sure.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
16,354 Posts
If I had the money, and tuning was available, I'd love to slap a whipple on top of one and daily drive that thing!

But I agree, don't think itll be anytime soon.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Will be interesting to watch all of this unfold...

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
I think it's about F/I for a WK2 SRT. Until tuning is available, nothing is going to happen here. Unless someone wants to build a kit like GSM used too. LOL

·
Administrator
5,880 Posts
I think it's about F/I for a WK2 SRT. Until tuning is available, nothing is going to happen here. Unless someone wants to build a kit like GSM used too. LOL
I'm sure someone out there will eventually blow a motor up attempting to do the same thing without tuning.

Bernie

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
I'm sure someone out there will eventually blow a motor up attempting to do the same thing without tuning.

Bernie
Hahaha we learn by our mistakes Bernie. Yeah I can't wait to see how long it takes to crack tuning for these beasts. Then once it's done, the 392 is a perfect candidate for an FI application.

·
Administrator
5,880 Posts
Apparently GSM didn't...haha!!!

Bernie

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that there is some sort of compression issue that will limit the boostability (is that a word) of the 392.

Jim

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that there is some sort of compression issue that will limit the boostability (is that a word) of the 392.

Jim
Jim, was this information in relation to the 392's in the new Jeeps specifically?

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Jim, was this information in relation to the 392's in the new Jeeps specifically?
I think just the 392's in general John. When I get home in the morning I'll search around & see if I can find it. Not positive but I think it was on here.

Jim

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
The 392 in its factory form probably isn't really boost friendly because they increased compression from 10.3 to 10.9 (i think its 10.9). 10.9 isn't really a boost friendly number. Just confirmed on another site...10.9 is the new number.

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
You can still throw some decent boost at 10.9:1 compression with some race gas. It would be kinda weak on pump gas though.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
You can still throw some decent boost at 10.9:1 compression with some race gas. It would be kinda weak on pump gas though.
True and true. It won't be long before someone pull out the 392 and stuffs the PCM and blown 426 into one of these. Or a standalone controller....

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Yeah that would be sick although the rest of the electronics in the jeep would probably freak out and not function properly. Going to be interesting to see if and when the new PCM will be cracked.

·
Snail On Board
4,366 Posts
Hasn't dynosteve already done this? Anxiously awaiting responses.

·
Snail On Board
4,366 Posts
Where did that mate go by the way?

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah that would be sick although the rest of the electronics in the jeep would probably freak out and not function properly. Going to be interesting to see if and when the new PCM will be cracked.
well it might sound stupid but couldnt you just replace the computer system to an older version and throw in a bigger engine with a comp ratio that is suitable to running a supercharger or turbo>

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.