Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to special order because I wanted to remove the srt audio package and the luxury II package both are not of interest to me. I only wanted to sunroof. I was hoping to get the car around 56k. But come to find out that those 2 options are recommended. Has anyone else had this same situation?

If so looks like i'll be picking up a '12 when the '13's start coming out.

· PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Not recommended, they are standard, required, options. They made them included about the time production started. There is a few out there without them that were ordered in June. It was done to simplify production.

Jim

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea I meant required. Well I don't understand why it should be that way if I wanted to special order. Then theres no point to special order a wk2 unless you just can't find it. Oh well, i'm going to get it regardless I just refuse to pay 63k right now so i'll wait it out a few more months.

· Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
I wanted to special order because I wanted to remove the srt audio package and the luxury II package both are not of interest to me. I only wanted to sunroof. I was hoping to get the car around 56k. But come to find out that those 2 options are recommended. Has anyone else had this same situation?

If so looks like i'll be picking up a '12 when the '13's start coming out.

SRT made the Luxury Package standard. According to the spec sheet, only the power liftgate, Harmon Kardon audio system, door scuff plates, front license plate bracket, tire choice, and color choice are optional. I would assume this would stay the same for future models, unless enough people complain about it.

http://drivesrt.com/assets/docs/2012-grand-cherokee-srt-features.pdf

· Speed Junkie
483 Posts
If your willing to pull trigger on $56k is $6k more a real deal breaker?
The requirement was the reason for the price increase and the price protection for existing orders my advice would be to find the right dealer that will work with you.

Reactions: SRL

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
unfortunately yes 6k is a deal breaker for me because I know by this summer they will be calling me back to take one off the lot for that 55k because the '13's will be on the way. I'd gladly order one now and take off the options I want but i guess it will just be a waiting game for me until i can find the right deal. Everyone knows how purchasing a car goes, I remember always seeing them trying to get rid of the charger and challenge srt's when the next model comes out.

· Registered
3,440 Posts
I agree with you chargerboy, wait it out. The dealers will be willing to deal the ones left on the lot when the new models come in.

· Coksmith&Master-Pintsman
5,153 Posts
When the WK2's debuted, there was so much backlash as to the price hike, that Chrysler responded saying they would take off some of the options. "How nice" the vehicle was, was their development group's excuse as to why they priced it $10,000 more than all the other SRT vehicles, and $20,000 more than an Overland which had more options and a far superior interior trim.

Unfortunately, that was all rhetorical hogwash to try and appease people until the storm blew over. Most people who were alienated by Mopar after the price hike have moved-on, or don't care anymore.

· Registered
14,287 Posts
When the WK2's debuted, there was so much backlash as to the price hike, that Chrysler responded saying they would take off some of the options. "How nice" the vehicle was, was their development group's excuse as to why they priced it $10,000 more than all the other SRT vehicles, and $20,000 more than an Overland which had more options and a far superior interior trim.

Unfortunately, that was all rhetorical hogwash to try and appease people until the storm blew over. Most people who were alienated by Mopar after the price hike have moved-on, or don't care anymore.
Winston, do you remember when you could get a stripped out WK1 SRT for $38k?.....no sunroof, no nav, no rear dvd, no heated seats, etc.....just a raw race machine with no options. I guess they don't offer that anymore.

· Registered
2010 WK1 coming soon......
1,508 Posts
I don't think market value on the new SRT8's will fall below MSRP, even when the '13s come out. Production is just too limited... I could be mistaken but that's my belief.

Yes they definitely will.

· Registered
425 Posts
Quite a few guys here have gotten their loaded WK2's for invoice or right around there ($58K-60K)...... so with the right dealer and a little haggling, you certainly don't have to pay retail.

Also, the comparison to the Overland is a little ridiculous. First of all, the WK2 will run rings aound an Overland. Second, the WK2 has just as many options and luxury features. The only things the Overland offers not found in the WK2 are ride height adjustments (Quadra-lift air suspension) and saddle color leather interior. Since the Overland has off-road capability (and WK2 does not), it's obvious why it has air suspension. (But the WK2 counters that by having an exclusive track mode).

· Registered
425 Posts
They are a bunch of retards to keep these options required! Total and complete BULLSHIT! There you have it I'm pissed off again.

Why be pissed?

You weren't going to buy one anyway.

Gotta pay to play, my friend.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.