Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This sucks! I just bought myself a 2019 all black SRT. Picked it up on Tuesday and within the last 4 hours, it got stolen from in front of my house. 5days! I only got to own it for 5 days!!! The police just left and said that seeing how there is no broken glass, and I still have all the keys, whoever took it knew what they were doing, and he doesn’t hold out much hope of me seeing it again.
I’m sad, angry and sick to my stomach all at once.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, it was push button start. Must have used an emulator of some kind I don’t know how they got it. No smashed windows. I have both key fobs. My neighbour caught it on his security camera, but the pic is blurry, of course (that’s a snowman over his head). Pic taken at 1:13 am.
Car Vehicle Building Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

· Registered
1,228 Posts
I am interested in this, but the closest installer is about 400Kms away from me. Do you think they’d be hard to install yourself? Will your remote start still work with this?
Thanks…
From what I understand it works seamlessly with the CAN-BUS and is undetectable once installed. Yes the remote start will still work, when you get in the jeep you will need to enter the pin code or have the keyfob that they give you on your person, otherwise the vehicle will shut down and not be able to run again until the pin is entered or keyfob recognized. Here is another good video on it:

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks! It does seem that you can buy the kit from them yourself and if you don’t feel you can install it yourself, book the installation after, but then it says it “must be installed by an accredited installer”. I tried calling Author direct, but haven’t received a response.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts