Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was turning right into my driveway, which is right next to a street that merges onto mine. This guy on a Vespa was trying to merge and was only looking backwards and didn't see me even though my car was like halfway into my driveway and parallel to the street at this point. Luckily he only got the rear bumper and he knew it was his fault.

How much is a new rear bumper? Think I should file an insurance claim?

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Oh damn.. that sucks.. Did you get his info? i would try just to make him pay cash...

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I got his info and his business card. Dude was pretty chill and I wasn't even that mad. More just shaken by the sight of a guy slamming into my car in my mirror lol.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
haha, see if he is willing to pay out of pocket rather than going through insurance... will be easier for both of you IMO

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
He better give you between $1000-1500 in cash then if you don't use insurance, because that is what it will cost for a new OEM bumper, and then labor/paint....lol.

Sorry to see man. I got hit in the rear bumper as well....by a school bus with kids on it...lol.

·
Registered
6,208 Posts
Ask him for 2k cash.

Enough to get a new bumper off of ebay, get it painted and have a little cash left over.

·
That'l Buff Out
1,559 Posts
2k?, take him for 5 and so some nice mods haha ;) :D :cheers:

but for real if your jsut doing cash id say a legit 1.5k just to make sure everythings cover and you have non out of pocket, or just go through insurance and know its paid for.

·
Registered
147 Posts
REAR BUMPER IS $ 787 INCLUDING 2.8 FOR PAINT
LABOR FOR OVERHAUL 2.0hrs
AND MAYBE ANOTHER 1.5hrs. FOR MISC

Just to give you an idea but i dont know cali's body shop labor rates

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
A good body shop could push it out, fill it in and paint it to look oem and you wouldnt even know it happened for probably $500. But the guy who hit you doesnt need to know that.
Rear bumper from the dealer is $800 plus paint and labor at around $400-600 so get the highest prices you can and say this is what you need to pay. you'll come away with $750-$1000 in your pocket

·
Registered
147 Posts
Go get two estimates and show him what it cost's. He will probably have to sell the vespa now. So much for him saving money............

1 - 13 of 13 Posts