Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry took a bit to get it posted but here she is. 2011 Corvette Grand Sport, Inferno Orange over Black Leather. 6sp. Currently sitting up in the air on jack stands while the wheels get powdercoated gun metal gray metallic. Gotta love those 12 inch wide rims in back with 325/30/19's (until I have to buy new tires). Let me know when you are heading to Gville, still would like to see your truck run.:cowsmile:

Larry

Attachments

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
I love the Vette , I have being entertaining the idea of replacing my jeep for a used 08 Z06 .

·
Registered
487 Posts
I was literally about to drop 42K on a used 2007 z06... but im sticking with the jeep. I just couldn't justify the insurance price for me at 23. I really love them though and that color is freaking amazing...that color and jet stream blue are my favorite.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was literally about to drop 42K on a used 2007 z06... but im sticking with the jeep. I just couldn't justify the insurance price for me at 23. I really love them though and that color is freaking amazing...that color and jet stream blue are my favorite.
For me (40 years old) the insurance was actually a little cheaper than the Jeep. Funny thing is the most expensive car I have to ensure is my 2007 Nissan 350Z which is only worth about 15K. Thanks for the comment on the color, I wasn't sure I would like orange until I saw it is person. The color has a pearl coat and is stunning in person in the sun. Saw one with the dark rims (Cyber gray from Chevy) and I knew mine would be off to powdercoat. The Grand Sport is basically the Z06 with a little less horsepower (manual ones at least). It also doesn't have an aluminum frame or carbon fiber panels. It is pletty fast for me, know I just need to figure out where the guy who put the engine together signed it.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
I love the Vette , I have being entertaining the idea of replacing my jeep for a used 08 Z06 .
I don't like that talk.

But congrats on the vette. Looks incredible.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Nice Larry. We'll have to get together for some beers next time you are in town.

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Nice Larry. I'm sure you'll love it man. It's definitely practice for ya. They get some killer milage too. Enjoy it bro. Gonna miss not seeing the Jeep around the beach but oh well. Just hope you don't find me at a light.;) Haha. Enjoy it bro. Congrats in the new ride.

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Nice Larry. Looks so much better with the dark wheels. What's up with all the benz's surrounding you :)

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
check out these carbon mesh 8s

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice Larry. Looks so much better with the dark wheels. What's up with all the benz's surrounding you :)
Picture was taken at the Dupont Registry Publishing Facility. They have a cars and coffee show every third saturday 7am-9am. I wasn't expecting too much but holy crap was I impressed. King of the show was a white Lambo Aventador and the new McLaren. Also present was the 4 door fisker Karma couple of Bentleys, around 5 Ferraris of various flavors (no 458 though) tons of Porsches including a GT3RS that was SICK. Couple Gallardos, whole bunch of Vettes, a good showing of classic muscle both stock and resto mod then some really nice imports from local clubs. All in all probably around a 150 cars. Here is another shot of the Vette with the calipers finished and some from the show.

Attachments

·
Registered
928 Posts
Thats wierd. Usually the vette insurance is pretty cheap mainly because of the type of people that drive them such as older, sits in a garage ect ect. It was cheaper for a Z06 than it was for my WS6. Vettes are cool though and I bet youll love the mpg lol

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Hell yeah Larry, nice pics. That Aventador is badass. Where was the show at?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts