Welcome to the forum guys!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Welcome! Went to the Solo site, but there is nothing for our Jeeps. Since they are somewhat local, I would be interested to give their system a try.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
I might look into buying some products from these guys. I've been searching for options to chop the WK2 muffler out and get something in it's place. It's difficult to find something that will fit in the space. I need to measure when I get home and take a look. But the resonators they offer are short and a small package. The description sounds good too.

MR Resonator Series
http://solo-performance.com/mr-resonator-series

This is a free flow resonator with wonderful sound deadening capabilities
• MR Resonators have very aggressive 6ml louvers to calm the exhaust note
• Heavily packed with ceramic fiber and stainless steel wool
• While it is not as quiet as our QR Resonator it is one of the quietest free flow resonators on the market today
Works extremely well as a muffler for those customers who only want “glass packs”
• Our new MR Angled Resonators help you to get a resonator in places you ordinarily couldn’t
• The MR Angled Resonators are all a 55 degree angle with two internal support plates for strength

I'm thinking maybe chop the WK2 muffler out, put two of these in place with a x-pipe or h-pipe. I've heard the h-pipe works better with the gen1 hemis. Heartthrob Exhaust has a video with dyno results IIRC and their exhaust on the gen1 srt8 preformed much better with an h-pipe. I wonder how this setup would perform and sound with the ATAK axel back? I want something louder, but still keep the drone under control. Not so loud it draws in cops as a DD.

·
Night Stalker v2.0
1,096 Posts
Welcome! Went to the Solo site, but there is nothing for our Jeeps. Since they are somewhat local, I would be interested to give their system a try.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
I saw that, but its just a video. There is no prices or pictures on the system.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Their Jeep kit is nice, I've seen it in person. Contact Solo directly for pricing if you're interested and if you need anything let me know. I've been to the Kenmore location several times with my truck.

·
Registered
436 Posts
There is a group buy going for the Jeep system on a couple of other sites. I have emailed Steve a few times already tonight and he has gotten back to me everytime! On a holiday weekend none the less. I am seriously considering this system. It has already been wife approved CMN1 (Chad) so no smart ass comments:). I would like to see the group buy posted here. Steve said he will post it here in anither day or two. The GB is between 880-890. For every order up to 20 take 1% off!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Welcome Solo! I was their test rig. Jeff and the guys at Solo are top notch. I'll post a vendor review with some pictures and what not.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hey All,
Thanks for the warm welcome!!!! It is a pleasure to support the Jeep community, and we are super excited. I have also just posted the group buy for our new 2006-10 Jeep Cherokee SRT8 catback exhaust system. It can be found in the vendor section under Solo Performance (our own vendor section). Thanks so much and we are happy to be here!

Steve

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Hey All,
Thanks for the warm welcome!!!! It is a pleasure to support the Jeep community, and we are super excited. I have also just posted the group buy for our new 2006-10 Jeep Cherokee SRT8 catback exhaust system. It can be found in the vendor section under Solo Performance (our own vendor section). Thanks so much and we are happy to be here!

Steve
Looking at my above post #8

Would you recommend your resonators for my Borla ATAK axel back setup? I'm looking to replace my stock muffler with something more free flowing and add more volume.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
426 Posts
We've never installed those resonators on your particular setup, but from what we have put them on, they should work well as a pair on there. They are very free flowing, but it is hard to say 100% that there will be no drone, because we have not tested it on the Borla setup. It will definitely be better though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts