Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I have a 2018 Jeep Cherokee srt and after 20 days of my vehicle being at a jeep service center I was finally able to pick it up today. The bad news is that the problem I'm having was not fixed and will have to take it back on Monday. I decided to post here to see if anyone else has had this similar issue and might have an idea what it is. I am getting a horrible grinding noise coming from under the vehicle and it seems to only happen when I accelerate hard. It does go away after 2 or 3 seconds but it does sound really bad. So far they have put a brand new transfer case and something to note is that the transmission does work flawlessly and have not noticed any issue when it goes through gears. It almost sounds like it coming from the back of the car but then sometimes it sounds like its coming from right under the console.

· Registered
183 Posts
Maybe it's the drive shaft!

Sounds like the dealer is taking care of it under warranty hopefully. But if not take it somewhere else before they rape you with no lube! Try a shop that knows Jeeps well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts