Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new here not sure if i am in the right section but I have a problem I can’t find anything similar online.
i have a 2015 jeep srt with Borla Atak cat-back exhaust system, everything else is stock. The car sounds awesome from inside and outside at all speeds. I had the exhaust for about 8 months now and about 4 months ago i had my brother drive my jeep and i was following him then I noticed really bad noise coming from the exhaust, it was never like that before (or at least that’s what he said since he’s the one who usually follows me and I just be driving it). It happens when you let off the gas pedal (i am not talking about pops and bangs crackle etc) doesn’t matter what speed or gear you’re in, you will hear something the best I can describe it is as if the car is “farting”/or “like using an air tire compressor, the sound it makes when the air comes out(but it does it repeatedly until you hit the gas again or come at a full stop)” it sounds like shit when this happens as if i have a cheap exhaust or something, you can only hear from outside the car since the sound comes from the exhaust tips. I was hoping maybe someone can help me with this problem.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Can you post a video or sound clip? Info only… you can hear a lot more exhaust sounds if you drive around with the back hatch open. But keep your windows down and keep on moving, or your car will fill with exhaust fumes!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MDS is active between 1000 & 3000 RPM, when the conditions are correct for the PCM to activate it.
Oh didn’t know that, I thought sport mode completely disables it. Is there a way to completely disable it? It doesn’t really sound so good when I let off the gas but only from the outside, It still sounds good from the inside.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Nah, I don't think it's MDS, MDS only ON when ECO mode is ON, otherwise Sport mode & Trackmode is useless. Post video of the sound please so we can better analyze it. The honeyomb inside CAT could be loose. When its under pedal "pressure" it doesn't move and when you let off it just rattles inside the CAT. Highly unlikely it's MDS, otherwise everyone would be complaining.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts