Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And"................

Not sure I like it, unless the fitters have managed to disable 4 wheel drive, I seem to get rear wheel spin all the time now!!!!!
Even moving along at 10mph floor it and it lights up the rear, looks impressive but it now feels like the slowest thing I've driven for ages at launch
Any ideas or something I have to get used to?

Before it was fitted I couldn't get it to wheelspin at all unless on snow/ice

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Did the unplug your, t-case? Unless they did that the wavetrac should have nothing to do with you losing 4wd.

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Not that I'm aware of, all the work I watched at the rear end.
They did remove the rear seat to sort out the hand brake, anything under there could cause it.

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there any way to tell the front wheel drive is working other than the obvious?

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll do a video tomorrow, I can do burnouts oven rolling ones!!!

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Its possible, there are 2 boxes under here, which one do I need to check?

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Something sure doesn't sound right, but all of us around here wish we could do a true four-wheel burnout.

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Found a thread saying the fdcm module is under the rear seat, it detects any difference in speed between front and rear wheels and activates he front wheel drive, guess that's unplugged
At least it should be an easy fix if it told me which one!

Should I do a burnout vid first?

Please vote now lol

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
Found a thread saying the fdcm module is under the rear seat, it detects any difference in speed between from and rear wheels and activates he front wheel drive, guess that's unplugged
At least it should be an easy fix !

Should I do a burnout vid first?

Please vote now lol

Thats what it was that HB was talking about. ;) Nah, you might break something...the T/C motor is still installed.......

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mmm. Been doing them all night also driven 40miles back from the garage

·
"guy with the crazy Jeep"
4,868 Posts
Isn't there a powertrain control module or something under the backseat? I thought I recall HB saying something about it once.... Could it be possible something got bumped or disconnected under there?
Yes the FDCM (Final Drive Control Module) is one of 2 module's located on the drivers side of the rear seat. Very easy to have a seat support hit the connection.

If you brought it in and it worked fine and now it doesn't... I would start looking there. Unfortunately, there is not much room in there, so you will have to remove the seat to take a look.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.