Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
15 of these SRT8's hanging around me in a 25 mile radius.

My guess is that most are pre sold...Im just wondering if its time to go steal one?!?!?

There were LESS SRT8's where I bought my current one and I stole that one at $500 below invoice I think.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NYC...Queens.

We are locked and loaded. Make your deal up here. The have mostly black though.

The one benefit to living in NYC. I do think a few dealers are gonna go for it and try and push these things 5-10k over invoice but they will sit for a little while. By the time January rolls around and they are sitting in inventory I think they are gonna start pushing them and getting them out.

I only have a couple grand left to pay off my SRT8 ot I would just up and get the new one....

·
The ModMan
5,764 Posts
Just sit it out and be patient! I bet that you will have an extra 6-9k in your pocket in about 6-8 months time if you buy then.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah your right.

I should be ready by June. The conundrum Im having is that my current one is just about paid off so I almost don't wanna get a new one. However, my 08 SRT8 is in the shop again so Im getting frustrated. Ive never had a car more than 3 years and Im starting to see why.....

Just sit it out and be patient! I bet that you will have an extra 6-9k in your pocket in about 6-8 months time if you buy then.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Yeah your right.

I should be ready by June. The conundrum Im having is that my current one is just about paid off so I almost don't wanna get a new one. However, my 08 SRT8 is in the shop again so Im getting frustrated. Ive never had a car more than 3 years and Im starting to see why.....
Its something strange . Me also i dont own a car more than 1 year but with this jeep is different i completed now 4 yrs!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What issues have you had with your car thus far?

Ive had a battery, overheating, not starting and some minor stuff. Been stranded twice and that makes me start feeling like the honeymoon is over.

Its something strange . Me also i dont own a car more than 1 year but with this jeep is different i completed now 4 yrs!!

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
NY state has had the most SRTs shipped to it according to wk2jeeps.com

·
JEEP SRT since 2006
1,296 Posts
10 SRT/8's 'available' within 200 miles out of 200+ dealers

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes. I gotta agree with one of the earlier posters. You gotta let this thing cool off a little and then they will just be sitting and that the time to pounce. No way there is that much demand for a 60k Jeep.....I will never believe it.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
While people may not be lining up to buy them as they are coming off the carrier, a couple local dealers that got them in barely had them on the lot for a few hours....

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Wow, thats alot in one area!! Sorry to hear your having issues with your wk1.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
That's funny... you can tell the lot deliveries were aimed back east first. We do not have many in the LA area and some dealers have posted over 80K on them. In a 200 mile radius on the jeep site it is like 5.

I was "thinking" about one... but I am going to wait. new trans for 13 or 14, hopefully just a beefed up 6 speed... not the 8 speed. My 2010 will do just fine until then. Sorry to here about your WK1 as well. Good luck!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
80k??!?!?!?!?!

Is California a richer state than NYC? I ask this seriously.

Do you think they can get 80k for a Jeep out there?

I wonder why the east coast got so many. I would think it would have been better to spread them out across the USA.

That's funny... you can tell the lot deliveries were aimed back east first. We do not have many in the LA area and some dealers have posted over 80K on them. In a 200 mile radius on the jeep site it is like 5.

I was "thinking" about one... but I am going to wait. new trans for 13 or 14, hopefully just a beefed up 6 speed... not the 8 speed. My 2010 will do just fine until then. Sorry to here about your WK1 as well. Good luck!

·
The ModMan
5,764 Posts
80k??!?!?!?!?!

Is California a richer state than NYC? I ask this seriously.

Do you think they can get 80k for a Jeep out there?

I wonder why the east coast got so many. I would think it would have been better to spread them out across the USA.
Care for my opinion? I think people with a lower IQ live there. I mean slap a 120k sticker on it and eventually some dummy will buy it.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
I hate to agree... but I do. You couple lower IQ with money... and the need to have it first and there you have it, people spending 20K over sticker for a Jeep SRT8.

Do an 200 mile inventory search on Jeep site using 90402 as a zip code and of the dealers in the are and a couple will show stickers of $79k to $83. Blows my mind!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My god man.....I just search that zip code and I see those cars. That is UNBELIEVABLE. The salesman that sell those cars should be promoted to GM of the dealers. It sooooooooooo hard to believe that anyone would pay that much for a Jeep.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts