Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So like i said b4 I just bought this 2012 SRT8 Jeep and i wanna throw a turbo on it but need help on which would b the best route and what I will need t get? kinda wanna make this happen soon so if u have any opinions or options for what Im asking Id really appreciate it!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no I havent had a chance thru all this process of trying to tune my car up my check engine light jus came one and I went and got it checked out but they say I have a small leak in my evap emission system so now im trying to figure out what i gotta get cuz im getting like 4 different things that might b causing it...luckly its jus a small leak

·
Registered
74 Posts
As far as I know, there isn't a turbo kit you can just buy and put on. You CAN buy supercharger kit, they are outthere, but not turbo. For turbo, it will have to be custom built. See this guy on yourtube, he used to have turbo on his WK2 jeep, he sold it now, check his old videos.

·
Registered
74 Posts
so it would b faster to jus buy a supercharger n slap it on it? like a whipple pr what?
Yes. Whipple would be one of them, but there are others, just google it. There are Prochargers as well. Afterwards you would want to dyno it/tune it. Check this forum, make sure you don't go to much on psi, those pistons on 6.4L engine don't take well over 6-8psi (6-8 is safe, once you go more, reliability goes down very significantly). This should give you close to Trackhawk HP/TQ when all is set and done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts