Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear some people talking about the "dual snorkel" mod for the Volant.

What, where, how is what I am trying to find out.

Thanks

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Remove the front radiator grill and you'll see the factory snorkel that is used on the Volant box. Its bent to the side, chop it off straight. I only did a little bit in this picture. I waited until my dry charger filter wrap was on before I chopped more of it off. You're making this more of a ram air snorkel. 1st snorkel mod.

For the 2nd snorkel mod you need to route some piping from below to the 3" opening on the bottom of the Volant box. Some guys use the brake duct, I used the lower radiator grill for mine. I didn't want to mess with the brake duct. I got some 3" flexible piping at AutoZone.

Simple and easy mod. I saw IATs 1-3 degrees above ambient with this setup.

·
Premium Member
3,237 Posts
From what I gather...The two holes of the Volant, one is utilzed for the stock snorkle which can be modified that makes it a one snorkle mod and the other hole that is used for drainage of the volant can be utilized for any aftermarket 3" tube coming from the volant to a similar outlet(most use the grill right by the other snorkle) making it a dual snorkle mod...I am actually in the process of doing it now lol

·
Registered
611 Posts
Got that same setup on mine Mongoose.

Reactions: Mongoose9400

·
Registered
528 Posts
I did this mod to my Volant. I tapped my 3" air hose into the stock brake duct. Amazon.com carries all the parts you need. I think the mod was well worth the effort.

Bob

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Quick question guys. I have the volant cai you speak of. I was thinking. This may make sense or be really stupid. But couldnt we put an ice pack in that big ass box to keep temp cool. Obviously not anything with liquid but something frozen in with the filter. For track passes??

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Quick question guys. I have the volant cai you speak of. I was thinking. This may make sense or be really stupid. But couldnt we put an ice pack in that big ass box to keep temp cool. Obviously not anything with liquid but something frozen in with the filter. For track passes??
Sure why not? A gel ice pack shouldn't hurt anything lol. Icing the manifold before hand would probably net better results. Or do both. Get some track time slips and compare.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
528 Posts
Maybe Dry Ice?:)

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Maybe Dry Ice?:)
What about the CO2 gas it gives off? I don't think that'd be good in the intake box.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
528 Posts

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Would that be a problem?:confused:
Truthfully I don't know? It's all about Oxygen for power. You got two Oxygen for every carbon atom in CO2. Oxygen is normally O2 while in the atmosphere. I guess it depends if it will take in more or less Oxygen.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.