Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 SRT with 31k miles on it. Within the last few weeks, I have noticed a crazy amount of vibration and “clunking” when I reverse, regardless how hard I cut the wheel. At first I thought it was the AWD all the time kicking in and the auto just doing its thing, but it’s getting worse. Feels like I’m reversing in 4-low. Originally thought the wheels were rubbing but they have plenty of clearance. Now I’m worried it might be a bad transfer case. Any ideas what could be causing this issue?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2018 SRT with 31k miles on it. Within the last few weeks, I have noticed a crazy amount of vibration and “clunking” when I reverse, regardless how hard I cut the wheel. At first I thought it was the AWD all the time kicking in and the auto just doing its thing, but it’s getting worse. Feels like I’m reversing in 4-low. Originally thought the wheels were rubbing but they have plenty of clearance. Now I’m worried it might be a bad transfer case. Any ideas what could be causing this issue?
I had a similar issue, it was so bad the truck would stall out in reverse here and there. I took it to the dealer and they replaced the rear diff under warranty and it fixed the issue

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
When I got my 07 a couple years ago, it was doing the same reverse shimmy, I serviced all the gear boxes, the transfercase fluid looked brand new and they almost didn’t want to service it, it’s like $35 a qrt, you’ll need 1 1/2, my issue went away

1 - 6 of 6 Posts