Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted all the forum guys to share my experience with Ron at Blue Collar. I placed an order for the three core radiator produced by Fluidyne. I got the first one produced for retail sale along with a price break and free shipping on the initial run of units. When it arrived I made arrangements for the install and then things turned bad. I got a call from my installer who told me that the rad was going to need modifications to work. I explained that this unit was tested in a member's Jeep (BJB's) and should be a simple bolt in. He asked me to come down to the shop so I could see exactly what the problem was. When I got there he showed me that although the rad fit ok, the mounting bosses for the trans cooler and the fan shroud weren't correct and would take a lot of time to fabricate new mounts. He also said that he didn't have time because he "squeezed my job in" and really didn't want to cut up the rad and be responsible for the modifications if there was a problem. I took some pics of the problem and finally decided to have the stock rad replaced because I didn't want to tie up his bay and I didn't want to modify what was supposed to be a "bolt in" upgrade. I emailed Ron at Blue Collar and sent him the pictures that showed the problems with the Fluidyne mounting points and he got right back to me and told me not to worry, he would contact Fluidyne and get back to me and he would "make it right." He also sent emails out to everybody else who purchased a rad to alert them to the problem with the initial production run. Long story short, Ron contacted Fluidyne, identified "their" production problem, and was in weekly contact with me the whole time. At the end of the day he got me a return order, and not only got my purchase price refunded, but also got me reimbursed for the cost of the labor and fluids for the removal and reinstall of the stock rad. This all happened in a span of three weeks. I wanted to share this story of things gone bad with the best possible ending. Ron went above and beyond, delivering a level of customer service and support that you rarly see these days, and really made the best of a bad situation for me. I will deal with Blue Collar again and recommend them and Ron to any body reading this.

· "guy with the crazy Jeep"
4,868 Posts
Yep. First class operation.

Ron will be installing my LPM motor next week. Blue Collar has done all the work on my Jeep for the past 1 1/2 years. Everything race ready!!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

· BlaBlaBla
5,423 Posts
Ron is top notch. I've known him for 11 years and he has always gone above and beyond to please his customers. Now you know why BJB and Eskle use him for their trucks! I highly recommend him to anyone in driving distance of south east Michigan!

J
Yep, what he said! Top notch operation, clean shop, great guy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.