Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I just took me and girlfriend to Destin, Florida (500mi one way) and the GC performed flawlessly! I was, honestly, questioning taking it on the trip b/c i didn't know how comfortable it would be. After the first 150-200 miles I began to notice that I had no reason to question it at ALL. The comfort and driveabliltiy of this thing is pretty amazing. Within the last three years i have driven an E38 740il, E420 Mercedes, and a lexus SC300 on extended trips and none of them compare to the Jeep. The ease of getting luggage in and out was a huge plus.

There were 9 of us that went together(3 guys 6 girls). After unpacking, the girls decided that they wanted to go fresh seafood shopping and my girlfriend asked to drive the Jeep. So, i let her drive and the girls came back and were all giggidy over the Jeep. They went on to tell me how they went down by the beach and aside from guys asking questions about them, there were also questions about the Jeep:D.

On the way back, in pouring down rain, the Jeep, again, performed perfectly. There was no hydroplaning or anything. It pushed through 10hrs of rain at 80mph with no problems. All in all, the Jeep made my vacation much better. If you haven't taken your beast on a trip and your're debating on whether or not to do it, DO IT. I just wanted to share my SRT-8 vacationing experience with you all. That's all!

-Thanks
Brandon

·
"guy with the crazy Jeep"
4,862 Posts
There were 9 of us that went together(3 guys 6 girls).
:eek:

Now that's a vacation!!

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Sounds like an awesome vacation to me!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The two other guys(my brother and my friend) were all there with our girlfriends. They are all quite friendly on the eyes, though.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Sounds like you need to post some vacation pics!!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Sounds like it was fun lol

·
Premium Member
16,354 Posts
The furthest I've driven mine was to Ohio. I want to take it to Florida to our condo down there one day....

Seemed like a good trip, now we need to see some pics :D

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
few pics of the first day...

These were just a few pics taken when we first touched down. Sorry they are so small. They were taken from my phone. I have more on my camera.
1 pic) My friends mustang, my beast, and my bro's car
2 pic) The beast and my bro's car
3 pic) my bro, his girl, and my girl.

-Brandon

Attachments

·
Registered
498 Posts
why would you think that the SRT wouldn't ne happy on the Road?:thinkerg: I absolutely enjoy my road trips when i take them. :p

·
Registered
172 Posts
How was the gas?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How was the gas?
It averaged 14.3 on the hwy and didn't really check it much in the cty. I filled up twice on the way down there and twice on the way back. I still had about 3/4 of a tank when I got back. It wasn't as bad as I had anticipated it being. Each fill up was anywhere between $55-$65.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts