Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok I attempted to install mine tonight and I am running into some issues and it is pissing me off. I really dont post up here much since I dont have an SRT but I thought you guys might be able to help.

These are the bulbs I have: http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED-B...72044-1-2.html

I am currently running the 3ohm 50watt resistors. All connections are solid and I even grounded them to the fender, so the grounds are good.

OK here are my issues:

1. When I turn them on initially, the right side will fire about 1 second before the left one. They will work and function properly for about 2 minutes.

2. I then started the truck up and turned the parking lights on. Again, the right side fires about a second before the left. Left blinker works, right blinker works. I then put the hazard lights on... they blink perfectly, together, and that part is perfect. Then, after they have been blinking for, lets say, 30 seconds, I turn the hazards off and back to parking lights only.... nothing for about 10-15 seconds. They will barely start to light up (not at the same rate either. one is lighting up a little faster than the other... both barely firing) and then finally light back up to full strength. (sometimes takes up to 15 seconds)

3. I then just had the parking lights on for about a minute or so and one will just shut off randomly. It will then start to barely come on and light up to full power.

I have no idea what to do here. I even relocated the grounds to the fender thinking they weren't a good ground. That didnt help at all. No fuses are blown. It SHOULD work, but it is not.

PLEASE HELP!

I really want these to work for me and any help is appreciated. At this point, I feel like there is too much resistance from the 3ohm 50watt resistors. Would a 1.5ohm 50watt resistor help with this?

What blows is that I didn't want to have switchbacks, i wanted all white that would blink white but they sent me switchbacks... Kinda pissed about this whole process.

Thanks,
Randall

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ok I attempted to install mine tonight and I am running into some issues and it is pissing me off. I really dont post up here much since I dont have an SRT but I thought you guys might be able to help.

These are the bulbs I have: http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED-B...72044-1-2.html

I am currently running the 3ohm 50watt resistors. All connections are solid and I even grounded them to the fender, so the grounds are good.

OK here are my issues:

1. When I turn them on initially, the right side will fire about 1 second before the left one. They will work and function properly for about 2 minutes.

2. I then started the truck up and turned the parking lights on. Again, the right side fires about a second before the left. Left blinker works, right blinker works. I then put the hazard lights on... they blink perfectly, together, and that part is perfect. Then, after they have been blinking for, lets say, 30 seconds, I turn the hazards off and back to parking lights only.... nothing for about 10-15 seconds. They will barely start to light up (not at the same rate either. one is lighting up a little faster than the other... both barely firing) and then finally light back up to full strength. (sometimes takes up to 15 seconds)

3. I then just had the parking lights on for about a minute or so and one will just shut off randomly. It will then start to barely come on and light up to full power.

I have no idea what to do here. I even relocated the grounds to the fender thinking they weren't a good ground. That didnt help at all. No fuses are blown. It SHOULD work, but it is not.

PLEASE HELP!

I really want these to work for me and any help is appreciated. At this point, I feel like there is too much resistance from the 3ohm 50watt resistors. Would a 1.5ohm 50watt resistor help with this?

What blows is that I didn't want to have switchbacks, i wanted all white that would blink white but they sent me switchbacks... Kinda pissed about this whole process.

Thanks,
Randall
I am in the same boat! Being I tinted all tails Dark and wanna avoid WARP!.... I would suggest you contact Ken at Taillamp solutions:
http://taillight.xglobal.net/taillightconversion.htm

·
Registered
2,112 Posts

OK here are my issues:

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks,
Randall
These are for front turn signals and not rear correct?

If so, you need to run 2 3ohm 50watt resistors in parallel on each side for them to work correctly.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These are for front turn signals and not rear correct?

If so, you need to run 2 3ohm 50watt resistors in parallel on each side for them to work correctly.

Yes, these are the front turn signals, not the rear.

Or one 1.2ohm 50watt per side. Here is a pic wired with two 3ohm

Thank you

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Leave the 3 Ohm resistors.in place and try installing a set of Amber corner LED (high power) bulbs from VLEDS as they are on the same circuit as the parking lights on .our Jeeps... I have them on my Jeep.even though you can not see them through my Stillen covers....

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help guys. I replaced the resistors with 1.5Ohm and relocated the grounds to the fenders. It seems to be working fine at this point. I still get a small amount of flicker from the passenger side so I wonder if going to a 1.2Ohm resistor would help with that??

Is there really that much difference between 1.5Ohm and 1.2Ohm?

If it keeps happening, I will be ordering the bulbs for the side marker lights to increase the load on the resistors and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
7,169 Posts
In my threads the led stickied one towards the end there is a wiring solution for the resistors. Theres a certain way it has to be done.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I worked on these last night and still cant get them right. With the 1.5Ohm resistors, I think there is too much resistance. I am going to try and get my hands on 1.2Ohm or add some LED marker lights to increase the load on the circuit.

We will see what happens!

Thank you for all the help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts