Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stock tire front tread wear issues- like everone else! Was considering using the RS-A non run flats at $180 per tire vs $450 per tire. For the pair that saves ~$500- enough for AAA membership and a couple tows. Thoughts?? Problems?
Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
12,170 Posts
I don't think that's a bad idea at all. I came very close to doing the very same thing myself a few years ago.

·
Registered
6,991 Posts
I still use the runflats but i am going to see about my next set as there getting to costly but the wife still wants the run flats. I may go the the new runflats the 2012 are using as there about $100 a piece cheaper. My fronts are wearing great now after the camber was adjusted to -.125.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Had them while running rear run flats, and waiting for 4 Conti DWS to arrive. No problems. Did notice they don't have the rim guard strip that hangs out over the edge of our rims a bit. No big deal, the DWS don't either. Will say they're just as bad in the wet.
After what Goodyear stuck us with, I'd NEVER support their company ever again though. They made no effort to make this right with any of us.
And my alignment was right on before tread separation.

·
Registered
419 Posts
There are way, way, WAY better tires than RS-As out there! Just search here a bit.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 5 of 5 Posts