Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching but all I found were threads showing some people's radiator hose blowing off under high pressure. Well, this is not the case for me..

I'm about to switch to my 3rd or 4th upper radiator hose but not because it fails. Somehow, every hose the dealer puts on (OEM, covered under warranty), it gets torn up by one of the pulleys. This happens every time and I have to check it when I get my oil changed to see if I hit the metal threads yet.

Anyone else have this problem? It happens just after the elbow. I'll post a picture of it tomorrow. Last time they replaced it, I requested to make sure that it does not get torn up by the pulley again. So much for that...

·
Registered
128 Posts
If you are still using the 2-piece hose, switch to the Dayco 72226 hose as it is a one piece hose that you could move away from the pullies. When I installed mine I noticed that if I turned it a bit I had PLENTY of clearance from the pullies. Here's the thread on my install. http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72870&page=2 It's really easy man just remember to cut off 1 inch on the thermostat side so it fits. Hope that helps and goodluck.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Mine is like that. What is up with that? Temporarily I have it ziptide until I can maybe come up with a permanent solution. Luckily I don't drive it that often. Anybody consider fabricating an aluminum bracket from the upper support and then run it to the hose after the bend and securing it with some kind of hose strap?

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Thanks dude! I'll look into it!

This is what I'm talking about:

Sent from my nutsack..
Mine has about 1/2" there. Enough space to fit your finger

Are they pushing the hose on the radiator all the way? Seems you could trim 1/2" off the end and it would solve that.

I also recall there being a plastic clip that would clip on the radiator hose and the A/C lines to keep it positioned. Took mine off as it seemed pointless.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was pushed into the radiator as far as it could go. They trimmed the new one to leave clearance, worked so far.

I should still have the work order somewhere, I'll look for it & get the #

Sent from my nutsack..

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
theres supposed to be a plastic clip that also goes on the a/c line and then around the hose, once im home i can take a picture of it

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
When I was @ Mopar Madness, saw a couple of LX's with a clear plastic elbow. Looked pretty cool. One of them had a great big bubble in it, the other one didn't. Pretty neat set up, lets you know if you've burped the system properly. Really has nothing to do with this discussion but I thought I'd throw that out there. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.