Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any aftermarket valve springs out there that I can run with a oem cam? The jeep just broke #7 with just hitting 60K. It's my wife's dd so I don't want to be dealing with this again.
Thanks

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Yeah ask MWP or PWR as they are vendors and carry PAC springs like 1218's or 1511's....

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Is there any aftermarket valve springs out there that I can run with a oem cam? The jeep just broke #7 with just hitting 60K. It's my wife's dd so I don't want to be dealing with this again.
Thanks
is this a common problem on these ??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I will check out the pac springs. Didn't I read something that tere was some kind of recall on the pac's ? Can I still use the stock retainers? I don't know if it's a common problem or not. My wife told me she was driving to work, the check engine light came on and it almost died at the stop light. I checked the code and it was a p0307. After troubleshooting everything I could think of, I pulled off the valve cover and the spring was cracked. I searched a lot on this forum and it seems like it does happen. The only thing I don't get is that this is my wife's car and she doesn't drive it that hard. If it was mine I would understand why it broke, but not while being babied around.
thanks

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Yeh there was a problem with the Pac springs breaking. Not sure what item number they were or if its been taken care of or not. Maybe Andy can chime in.

Jim

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
what year is your jeep, anyone know if this is common on all years, this is scaring me about these things... I'm really close to pulling the trigger on an 09 set

1 - 7 of 7 Posts