Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a question for you guys/gals. Have you had your vehicle undercarriage rust proofed? I was debating on whether it was worth the money ($349,99) to have the undercarriage sprayed for rust proofing. What do you all think?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
IMO, it's a good idea, unless you have a painted/detailed underside & are going to put mirrors under your vehicle at shows.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
I have it done to my beast and it looks like brand new under the jeep and its been on for 2 years since day 1.... I also got the doors rustproofed inside as well...I got it done at Ziebart and they touch it up every year for me for 50 bucks.... They also did the rear and front diff as well.... I paid around 350 plus tax....

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Let me tell you guys something about Northern trucks vs. Southern trucks..... It sucks working on y'alls rides. They're rusted to all hell underneath. IMO.... rustproofing it is a GREAT IDEA!! It's unreal the differences between mine, Chris', and other local Jeeps I've seen vs. Keoni's, Ryan's, and Tommy's.

Now I'm no expert on what to recommend but..... use something. We have thought about charging extra for Northern Jeeps.;):lol:

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Let me tell you guys something about Northern trucks vs. Southern trucks..... It sucks working on y'alls rides. They're rusted to all hell underneath. IMO.... rustproofing it is a GREAT IDEA!! It's unreal the differences between mine, Chris', and other local Jeeps I've seen vs. Keoni's, Ryan's, and Tommy's.

Now I'm no expert on what to recommend but..... use something. We have thought about charging extra for Northern Jeeps.;):lol:
Yeah I done this to every vehicle that I have owned HB.... The salt sucks up here....

·
Miss Understood
13,911 Posts
my truck has no rust under it

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
^^^Cause you don't drive it! LMAO!

And i need to get this done before mine gets rusty.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Mine had "rust" on it from never seeing rain/snow and only being in a climate controlled garage with 2000 miles on it. Buffalo sucks.

Mine will be getting a secret family recipe sprayed on it this weekend.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Dealers use these services to pad their profit margins - don't waste your money

·
Registered
364 Posts
Rust Protection $399 Premium Package with 10 years warranty

Hello all, can this be done as DIY if I get the applications from this site.

http://www.por15.com/

Does anyone know exactly what components undercarriage of our beloved SRT8 need the application for rust protection?

Thanks!:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts