Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Played around with some new lighting mods for my little brother (Glorysends), LOL.
He isn't really my brother, but Knuckles said we were related so it is what we went with :D

These are LEDs under the sides, front and back all tapped in to the interior light circuit. So anytime the interior lights come on, these come on.

All cell phone pics for now....

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Looks familiar. LOL

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Hehehehehe..... Looks Sharp Dan! This reminds me of the Neon days.... My buddy still has some on mustang 5.0.....

·
Premium Member
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks good, do they come on when you're approaching & unlock it?

Jim
Yep, when you unlock it they light up as the interior lights do. They also fade out like the interior lights.

Wack thats so 2001
Actually I think neon tubes on a switch would be 2001 vs LEDs. But they both light up under the vehicle.
All personal preference as anything we do to vehicles.
They do a nice job lighting up around/under the jeep when you open the doors.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Yeah Dan,I would like to get setup with this sometime,in red. I think its BA.

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Looks awesome Dan, got any green LEDs laying around haha :p

·
Premium Member
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah Dan,I would like to get setup with this sometime,in red. I think its BA.
Looks awesome Dan, got any green LEDs laying around haha :p

Going to be testing this on Matt's jeep, another car and another jeep or two including mine. If it holds up then I may offer kits. They are listed as waterproof so they should be fine.

I can get quite a few different colors........I know I am doing blue and red for sure on the test vehicles, maybe colorshift too, but that may be a PITA. LOL.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
I saw your post on Facebook.

So they come on then when you unlock your jeep i'd assume. (since they are tapped in..)
Yep...they are the same as mine, tied into the interior lights, so anytime they are on, these are on. I have had my Jeep through a local hand car wash that sprays the undercarriage, no issues so far with the LEDs.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Looks like something I would see driving around in 5th ward. To each their own I guess.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Looks like something I would see driving around in 5th ward. To each their own I guess.
They're primary purpose is to provide some lighting as you approach your Jeep, not like we go driving around with them on....but as you said, to each their own.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Looks sick Dan!! Its seems like a modern underglow...

·
Premium Member
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, they aren't for everyone.....no mod is. As mentioned they are only on with the interior lights, so unless you drive around with the interior lights on they will only come on when you unlock it or open the door.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
They're primary purpose is to provide some lighting as you approach your Jeep, not like we go driving around with them on....but as you said, to each their own.
Yeah, they aren't for everyone.....no mod is. As mentioned they are only on with the interior lights, so unless you drive around with the interior lights on they will only come on when you unlock it or open the door.
What they said.

·
Registered
169 Posts
looks sick imo

1 - 20 of 27 Posts