Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much do you guys think labor will be to install an under drive pulley? is the slp one everyone has?

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Id say about $200-250

The SLP is a 25% under

Most big build guys go ATI and they have many differant over/under drives
what's probably best for me based on my mods, I plan to do a supercharger and bigger mods overtime, but not for awhile. you think slp is a good starting point?

·
Premium Member
3,365 Posts
SLP is the one I've been running for a few years now and very pleased with it. No electrical or any issues after the install.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
SLP is the one I've been running for a few years now and very pleased with it. No electrical or any issues after the install.
^^x2 I cut a good bit off my 0-60 time with the pulley.. no dimming lights when the bass hits either

·
Registered
814 Posts
did any of you guys have issues with it not fitting properly? i thought i remember some ones having an issue by the key hole.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
what's probably best for me based on my mods, I plan to do a supercharger and bigger mods overtime, but not for awhile. you think slp is a good starting point?
I think on a stock motor its fine but if you go with a supercharger you probably dont want an underdrive on there, more likely an overdrive instead. Also on a built motor the ati is probably the better unit but more expensive

^^x2 I cut a good bit off my 0-60 time with the pulley.. no dimming lights when the bass hits either
Never had issues with mine when I had a stock motor

did any of you guys have issues with it not fitting properly? i thought i remember some ones having an issue by the key hole.
It press fits, don't think you need a key unless you run a supercharger on it and most would not do it on a 25% underdrive

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
There is a key way hole on the SLP pulley and the actual crankshaft on our 6.1 hemi does not. So we put some high temp silicon in the keyway hole and used a special puller/installer jig to install the pulley... It will appear that the pulley is not all the way in, but it is and you can verify by installing the actual belt.... Also you have to tighten the Crankshaft bolt to 129 ft-lb ( Need to buy a new Crankshaft bolt for this)...... So in order to do that we stuck a long old flat head screw driver in the flexplate.... To get at the flexplate you will need to remove a plate that is between the trasmission and the engine on our jeeps underneath the car( 4 bolts hold that plate in place)...

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I just did it like Knuckles said and no issues.
SLP has a 10% discount now, the pulley to your door will be $235.
You'll need a good pulley.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is this mod worth the money for the amount of power you get or should I save, need to make the decision today

·
Registered
814 Posts
There is a key way hole on the SLP pulley and the actual crankshaft on our 6.1 hemi does not. So we put some high temp silicon in the keyway hole and used a special puller/installer jig to install the pulley...
thats what i was thinking.

do you think the general puller you can rent from autozone/advanced will work for this?

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
thats what i was thinking.

do you think the general puller you can rent from autozone/advanced will work for this?

You need a 3 prong harmonic damper puller and a Mopar install tool (you can rent both from Advance Auto, Autozone, etc. for next to nothing)

Harmonic balancer/damper install tool:

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I'd say YES....
OPPS, One big issue, it's too nice looking to put on the bottom of the motor.lol
The quick rev from throttle response seems slightly faster.
The track next week will show for sure. Absolutly -0- issues
with electrical, and I have one of those weenie batteries too.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd say YES....
OPPS, One big issue, it's too nice looking to put on the bottom of the motor.lol
The quick rev from throttle response seems slightly faster.
The track next week will show for sure. Absolutly -0- issues
with electrical, and I have one of those weenie batteries too.
Any time difference at track lol

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Haven't run it at track but there's a few here that say their 60ft is better!
Go for it.

·
Premium Member
3,365 Posts

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
I would day at least a tenth.
Will see how this SLP pulley combined with my FRI Little boy will do at the track in next week or so... So far the Jeep pulls pretty good....

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Worthwhile mod?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts