Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to drop it off tomorrow for the 10point cage!! Woo Hoo!!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Attachments

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Hope you took a bunch of pics tearing that apart, cause putting it back together doesn't look like any fun.

Jim

·
BlaBlaBla
5,197 Posts
Good luck! Looks like fun. When I put mine in it was 9 hrs for two guys. Yours looks quite a bit more complicated.

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually.... I did the majority of it. He just helped me get it out. There were a few hidden thing I couldn't spot or maybe I was just too lazy. Haha. It was hot out there today!! Only took a few hours. Wasn't bad at all.

It's actually about 12 screws here and there and a ton of connectors. Hardest part was all my stereo and gauge crap everywhere.

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah Eskle.... It doesn't look like fun. We still have to remove the carpet but that's easy. He's gonna have fun removing the Dynomat where he needs to. He told me to rip it out. It's heavy. Won't make that much of a difference I don't think. All I have to remove is the dash, seats, and carpet.

I'm getting a pretty decent deal I think. It's $3K for the cage, window net, two removable door bars, padding, and having it certified by NHRA. He paints them a grey color too so it should match pretty good. Drop it off tomorrow and pick it up next week.:D

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Don't you need to go fast to need a cage? :D:fight::silly: Can't wait to see it done.

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What have you run E?;) I'm just getting ready to haul ass that's all!! Hehe.

·
"guy with the crazy Jeep"
4,862 Posts
I love the look on Dwight's face!!

·
Premium Member
12,170 Posts
Damn Harrison, you're really stepping it up. Makes me think you have 9's on your mind and something up your sleeve. :)

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I love the look on Dwight's face!!
lol Dwights face
Yeah...... when he saw the stereo spider web he was a little shocked. Frankly, so was I. I hadn't had the stereo out in a few years. I had it rewired when I had the headrest monitors put in and it looks like they didn't do the best of jobs. Plus, whoever did the stereo the first time were complete amatuers!

Damn Harrison, you're really stepping it up. Makes me think you have 9's on your mind and something up your sleeve. :)
Oh Ant...... I may have a little something something up my sleeve.;) I've just been having a blast running in the Modern Mopar Series races. Sadly, I can't do anymore now with the way the truck was. So.... time to step it up a little. I don't think NHRA will be changing their rules anytime soon.:lol:

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
I need to get me one a them....

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice. After they practice on yours, then they can do mine..:p......when it eventually makes it down there....
Already talked to them about doing yours. They're in!!

·
Live For Today!!!
1,048 Posts
i guess im going to see how this turns out HB. if its good then i may need you to take my jeep over there as well. i think im going to def. need cage after our improvments are made.

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i guess im going to see how this turns out HB. if its good then i may need you to take my jeep over there as well. i think im going to def. need cage after our improvments are made.
I agree 100%. Hehe. They're down to do yours as well. I told them I have two more Jeeps possibly for them and they said bring them on. I will post up pics when done for sure.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts