Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Im thinking about getting an STR8 and was wondering about the tires, i read somewhere they were different to the US spec but are now the same, but i cant find any information about when the change occurred? Im probably going to get an 07, maybe an 08, will i get the US tyres, and whats the beef with the UK spec, will the wife put it in a hedge every time it rains?

thank you

james

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
HELLO , the search button is your friend lol, as far as i can remember the change occurred on the late 09 model, before that its 8inch all round i am afraid, which really doesnt do the rig justice( and will be pointed out every time you put a pic up on here lol ), or you could import some like i did

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
2006 to 2007 models had Pirelli Scorpion tyres. The sizes were 245/45/20". As Brian has stated 2008 models up had the same as US spec staggered wheels with Good Year tyres. The American Good Years have had problems with the tread separating. Your wife should not have any problems driving one in the wet, they handle well. The interior and headlights were changed on the later models also.

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
+1 on the imort way
10" 9" setup is far better

Junk the run flats get a top end puncture repair kit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts