Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

321 - 340 of 363 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Calling all UK owners....

Just to follow on from this.....

I today received the new upper radiator hose from here....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151519698573?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I cannot recommend them enough. Arrived on a Saturday, ahead of quoted schedule fits perfectly. Only a multi tool adjustment of the fan shroud needed to accommodate the new pipe. Its much bigger and a better flow than stock.

I just thought you should see what condition the oem bend is in after 70k miles. If you haven't replaced this hose please order one so you have it for when it fails. It will definitely fail, it is made of chocolate.

Thanks for the heads up! I have just checked mine and seems ok, although does look to be a bad design in my eyes (Jeep only covered 22.5k). Why would you use plastic on the cooling system?

I am now debating if I should order one anyway???

Rgs

Jason

·
Premium Member
5,016 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! I have just checked mine and seems ok, although does look to be a bad design in my eyes (Jeep only covered 22.5k). Why would you use plastic on the cooling system?

I am now debating if I should order one anyway???

Rgs

Jason

Don't debate, get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,016 Posts
Gains of the 180 are much cooler temps which in theory means more power. You need a tuner though to change you fan settings to take full advantage of it. My temps are typically 185-190.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi jason,

I debated the 180 stat. While having it all off it made sense to do it. In the end I decided against it even though I have the Diablo to alter my fan settings myself.
I just read of a couple of people having issues and reverting back to the oem stat. My take on it is that our climate doesn't necessitate it, and although heat is an enemy of power the engine has been designed to run at that temperature. The US guys will see more benefit in their summer ambient temps.

After losing all my coolant when the bend failed, I have completely new coolant and the new hose obviously and the temp gauge is so much lower than pre failure. My coolant may have been tired anyway but this hose must really improve the flow also.

Just burping the system again today to make sure I have all the air out but the temperature gauge sits much lower already.

Hope this helps you out,

Regards

(Another) Jason.

:)

·
Premium Member
5,016 Posts
Hi jason,

I debated the 180 stat. While having it all off it made sense to do it. In the end I decided against it even though I have the Diablo to alter my fan settings myself.
I just read of a couple of people having issues and reverting back to the oem stat. My take on it is that our climate doesn't necessitate it, and although heat is an enemy of power the engine has been designed to run at that temperature. The US guys will see more benefit in their summer ambient temps.

After losing all my coolant when the bend failed, I have completely new coolant and the new hose obviously and the temp gauge is so much lower than pre failure. My coolant may have been tired anyway but this hose must really improve the flow also.

Just burping the system again today to make sure I have all the air out but the temperature gauge sits much lower already.

Hope this helps you out,

Regards

(Another) Jason.

Jason,

Thanks but I have had a 180 tstat for over 2 years now with no issues. I did have an issue with the "jet" 180 tstat and now that I pay $12 from the autoparts instead of $35 for the rebranded jet, I haven't had an issue in 2 years. I have FI so all the cooler is the better for me, regardless of climate or time of year. Best of luck to you and you shouldn't have any more issues with the new hose.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know the feeling of losing coolant had a pipe go all ready. I am bit worried about that bend as I have had not much luck. I have all ready replaced two heater matrix hoses and new coolant and now know that this pipe maybe the next to go.. On the good new just finished modifying led rear light from the states as the US spec flashes red on indicators now change to amber looking good on the SRT8..

·
Registered
99 Posts
I know the feeling of losing coolant had a pipe go all ready. I am bit worried about that bend as I have had not much luck. I have all ready replaced two heater matrix hoses and new coolant and now know that this pipe maybe the next to go.. On the good new just finished modifying led rear light from the states as the US spec flashes red on indicators now change to amber looking good on the SRT8..

I'd order one in case it does.... if that bend goes you have zero option in the UK unless you want the dealer hose, which was a 7 day order and £168!! I nearly fell over. Besides the cost it would be for the same crappy plastic bend and 2 joints you don't need. Yes you could fashion one out of silicon pipes and joiners but you need 1 and 3/4 inch at one end and a smaller 1.5 inch at the other..... I literally just parked it up for 10 days. No one sells a hose that big anywhere over here.

Did you do the lights yourself? Sounds awesome.... we need pics!!!

;)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Jason,

Thanks but I have had a 180 tstat for over 2 years now with no issues. I did have an issue with the "jet" 180 tstat and now that I pay $12 from the autoparts instead of $35 for the rebranded jet, I haven't had an issue in 2 years. I have FI so all the cooler is the better for me, regardless of climate or time of year. Best of luck to you and you shouldn't have any more issues with the new hose.

Yes I have read similar things on the Jet 180, it wasn't really aimed at you Jfra, was just talking to the fellow UK Jason who was pondering the stat. Just don't think its necessary over here where the average temp is about 10 celsius! :)

With the new hose on I am still getting some air out but the gauge hasn't gone above 95 degrees so all good.

Reactions: Jfra

·
Registered
99 Posts
Here are a few pic's of rear lights..

Nice... suits the silver well, not sure it would look right on my black.... does the red brake flash amber when indicating?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Finding parts for our cars in the UK is hilarious!

Even a battery is difficult to track down. I had a genuine Mopar battery in there and the green light had stopped working and I was getting some slow turn over start ups.

Tracked down an Exide that fits perfectly 800 cold cranking amps compared to the Mopar's 700 so will see how that goes.

What do the rest of you chaps have in there?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks, they do led rear lights in black,silver and red diffusion. which is similar to oem spec, the original US spec ones leds flashes red with indicators so disconnected that part and change the normal bulb for reverse to switch back cree led amber/white and reconfigured rear light wiring, I wanted the led rear lights but could not find euro spec only US so modified it my self I'm sure it's Street legal just like my number plate, well my understanding of what Street legal is ?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Great work Dan, that sounds really good.... If you have a pic of the indicators working post one up one day I'd like to see that.

I'm starting install on my reverse camera today so I'll have all the tailgate apart, so I'll look at the lighting then too. I like the sound of the black diffused version of your clusters.

By the letter of the law your plate isn't legal due to incorrect spacing.....has it passed the MOT with that plate on? I have a similar plate to you, and a garage failed my MOT because of it. Needless to say I didn't go back there again, but my spacing is now legal as I couldn't be bothered with the hassle.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Was a little tricky but got them done, I was only messing around about my plates they not Street legal I think they are show plates only but never mind. I have a mot in July so will let you know how I get on. Will send a pic with indicators on.

Lots of different types of rear lights for are cars just search on eBay.com must of them are US spec tho..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi
I went to use the Jeep today had a warning come up Service 4WD System is a fault with the final drive control module may need reprogramming or replaces, if any one knows it will be a bit help as I think iam only running in two wheel drive.
Thanks...

·
Premium Member
5,016 Posts
Hi
I went to use the Jeep today had a warning come up Service 4WD System is a fault with the final drive control module may need reprogramming or replaces, if any one knows it will be a bit help as I think iam only running in two wheel drive.
Thanks...

I would say that you need to have your transfer case looked at. It is either the tcase itself or the tcase motor.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for info I was hoping it was the final drive control module under the rear passages seats as I could replace it easy but know my luck it like you sent because if the transfer case or motor. It always been find never seen the message on before but untill after I change the shift point on the diablo intune had a message on the intune which I click OK without read it. Do think may have had damage some part in transfer case or module by doing the shift points and also is there scan tool to check transfer case/module to find fault.. thanks

·
Premium Member
5,016 Posts
Thanks for info I was hoping it was the final drive control module under the rear passages seats as I could replace it easy but know my luck it like you sent because if the transfer case or motor. It always been find never seen the message on before but untill after I change the shift point on the diablo intune had a message on the intune which I click OK without read it. Do think may have had damage some part in transfer case or module by doing the shift points and also is there scan tool to check transfer case/module to find fault.. thanks

No I don't think you caused damage by changing shift points. Sounds like you need to service your tcase more often. Since you did change it, do you know how much you put in? It typically takes about 1.4 quarts depending on how long you drain.

321 - 340 of 363 Posts