Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist, but I got bored today.

For a while now, I’ve notice an approx. 1/4” gap along the top edge of my tail light and the body panel. The look sort of bugged me, but I thought that the gap might allow water to get into unwanted places. I’ve installed VLed V6 Triton led brake light bulbs a few years ago and one of them failed due to water getting into one of their electrical fittings.

So I bought some automotive weather stripping and applied it to the edge of my light housings. It fills the gap perfectly and doesn’t affect the friction fitting of the housing to the body.
Automotive tire Purple Sports equipment Pink Font
Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Architecture Grey
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Grille Automotive lighting Car

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has an adhesive strip on one side. The pressure from installing the housing also helps holdit in place.

I don’t know if everyone has this gap or if it’s just my car. The VLed bulbs had a good sized resistor which I had to install behind the housing. I don’t know if the gap was always there or if the resistors caused it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts