Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
That guy..
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let everyone know I drove 3 hours to RDP, and they did a great job.

I know there are some people that dont like him or the company.. But I had a great experience..

And when I can afford a supercharger Ill be back.. haha

Thanks again for fitting me in on my free time..

·
Just trying to go Fast
17,143 Posts
I never had an issue with Steve. He always answered my calls and helped me out with whatever I needed. I don't run his tune anymore but it was an improvement over the tune I had before his.

·
That guy..
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I read that some people had bad experience with him or the company..

Just wanted others to know that the company is great and steve does a good job. And explains everything he is doing..

FYI, I want to know what they red jeep runs.. Or if he is on this site... It was BAD ASS

·
Snail On Board
4,366 Posts
Steve was always nice to me when I talked to him on the phone. I am aware of the controversy over the years. He seems to do some pretty cool stuff over at RDP. Glad your tune worked out.

·
Registered
11,241 Posts
So did you get Dyno tuned ?

·
That guy..
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My transfer case motor is seized on. And wouldn't come off. So no Dyno time for me.

We found out my truck was tune locked. He sent me to the dodge dealer to get reflashed.

It was a bad start to the morning.

·
That guy..
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So did you get Dyno tuned ?
To update everyone on my experience.

Originally when I got there after a 3 hour drive. Steve got under the truck and tried to remove the transfercase motor. I havent messed with it, only owned it a month. He asked if Its drivin in the winter. I said yes, i drive it in the snow.

He says well the salt has got to the transfercase motor and its seized on there. Wont come off. Which means we cant dyno tune. Because he has a 2wd dyno.

Ok, so we can do a driveability tune. Datalog and do some adjustments..

Found out my truck was tune locked so he sent me to a local dealership to get reflashed.

Once I left the Check engine light was on, and service 4wd system was on. Figured it was because of the ECU being locked and trying to hook a diablo messed with it.

Came back and he loaded my info on his lap top, changed some things and we drove it. Service 4wd light still on. He said he didnt do anything to it.

Drove better, shifted hard. Air / fuel was great.. no knock.. I held the lap top.

He did some datalogging, and we get back and his lap top died. Says since he didnt see anything bad im good to go.

Cashed out and I left... Spun off the line, chirped 2nd and 3rd.. Feels alot better..

Today I get under the truck... Why the hell is the service 4wd light STILL on.... I found that the transfer case motor was half unplugged... So im like... ok, lets see if its seized on there..

took the 4 bolts off and it fell off.. wasnt corroded, stuck, nothing..

Bolted it back on, plugged it in... No more wheel spin.. no more chirping. No more service 4wd light on..

Im not sure how I feel about this experience now. I willl let steve reply with these issues.

·
Registered
11,241 Posts
To update everyone on my experience.

Originally when I got there after a 3 hour drive. Steve got under the truck and tried to remove the transfercase motor. I havent messed with it, only owned it a month. He asked if Its drivin in the winter. I said yes, i drive it in the snow.

He says well the salt has got to the transfercase motor and its seized on there. Wont come off. Which means we cant dyno tune. Because he has a 2wd dyno.

Ok, so we can do a driveability tune. Datalog and do some adjustments..

Found out my truck was tune locked so he sent me to a local dealership to get reflashed.

Once I left the Check engine light was on, and service 4wd system was on. Figured it was because of the ECU being locked and trying to hook a diablo messed with it.

Came back and he loaded my info on his lap top, changed some things and we drove it. Service 4wd light still on. He said he didnt do anything to it.

Drove better, shifted hard. Air / fuel was great.. no knock.. I held the lap top.

He did some datalogging, and we get back and his lap top died. Says since he didnt see anything bad im good to go.

Cashed out and I left...Spun off the line, chirped 2nd and 3rd. Feels alot better..

Today I get under the truck... Why the hell is the service 4wd light STILL on.... I found that the transfer case motor was half unplugged... So im like... ok, lets see if its seized on there..

took the 4 bolts off and it fell off.. wasnt corroded, stuck, nothing..

Bolted it back on, plugged it in... No more wheel spin.. no more chirping. No more service 4wd light on..

Im not sure how I feel about this experience now. I willl let steve reply with these issues.
What you have In mind about what happen , Please share it with US :)

·
That guy..
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Huhh?????? (had to be 10 letters)

·
Just trying to go Fast
17,143 Posts
My guess is the TC Motor wasn't fully disengaged when he tried to remove it. There is a notch on the shaft and it not right, it won't go on or off right. Did he try to cycle the key at all when it wouldn't come off?

·
That guy..
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, but magically It fell right off when I took it off...

There was play in it side to side.. so I find it pretty hard to be on a bind..

·
Just trying to go Fast
17,143 Posts
If there was play from side to side and it wouldn't come off, then it was hung up on the shaft.

·
That guy..
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm a certified mechanic. If someone drove 3 hours to me. And I had a bad rep. I would have spent more than 5 min trying to get it off.

·
Just trying to go Fast
17,143 Posts
I'm not defending the guy..... I'm just telling you why it wouldn't come off.

·
That guy..
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I want to clear up a couple things..

Steve emailed me and didnt want to get on the forum because arguments never get anywhere..

I never talked bad about the company, said my jeep ran like crap, my motor blew.. I never talked about the company..

I just wanted to know the situation with my transfer case motor and not being able to dyno..

Steve did come in on his day off, to do my jeep and finish a couple other cars..

Steve did work a deal with me on the tuner plus a custom driveability tune..

The transfer case motor would not UNPLUG. It wasnt the motor or the bolts. The plugin was hard to get off...

It didnt slide right off for me, but it came off without tools..

But he didnt want to damage it.. I cant blame him, Ive ran into issues at my work (toyota dealership) When we do tundra and tacoma FRAME recalls... Plug ins do get messed up.. Hell alot of stuff gets messed up when you take the ENTIRE truck apart..

Since I was 3 hours from home... And my truck was tune locked. He did call his friend at a dealership and they got me in right away to get reflashed. Instead of driving all the way home with no tune.. They raped me on the charge.. but that has nothing to do with him. They got me in with little wait time..

And he did offer since I got the plug in off to dyno my jeep anytime.

Like I said, nothing is wrong with my jeep. It runs great, shifts great. I wanted answers to other stuff.. Was never meant to talk crap about RDP. And Shouldnt have been responded to like that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts