Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a FRI Littleboy cam istalled and picked up the truck on saturday. Sunday I went to the track and during a run my check engine light went on(ran slower with the cam then without but havent got logs to JB for a revision yet). two codes showed up on the predator. P0441-evaporative emission system incorrect purge flow and P0300 random misfire detected. P0441 also came up a couple of weeks ago after my headers were installed. I was reading another thread and it said it could be a spark plug issue, mine were changed with the cam install. can someone tell me if this is a serious problem and/or what to do.
Thanks

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
If you reset the codes do they come back right away? I have a FRI Little boy cam and so far have never seen any codes come up... I would try isolating this issue to a certain cylinder and see if you can check to make sure that the spark plug looks ok. If not you might have to swap the coil pack with another cylinder to see if the problem moves. Not sure what going on with your P0441 code though....

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
The random misfire with out a specific cyl. and after a cam install I believe is normal

Need to take care of it in the tune

Now when you get a 30# with a number then you might have an issue

Also do you have a Af gauge? make sure you get it dialed in before you go nuts on it

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I think get your tune revised and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you reset the codes do they come back right away? I have a FRI Little boy cam and so far have never seen any codes come up... I would try isolating this issue to a certain cylinder and see if you can check to make sure that the spark plug looks ok. If not you might have to swap the coil pack with another cylinder to see if the problem moves. Not sure what going on with your P0441 code though....
I reset the codes last night, drove to work and back(about 30 miles) and no codes so far.

The random misfire with out a specific cyl. and after a cam install I believe is normal

Need to take care of it in the tune

Now when you get a 30# with a number then you might have an issue

Also do you have a Af gauge? make sure you get it dialed in before you go nuts on it
No AF gauge, been meaning to get one.

Check the hose right behind the throttle body on the drivers side. More than likely the installer forgot to connect. Would cause the p0441. & Due to the open port,
the p0300/misfire fault, is because it ran lean enough to the point of misfire.

-Jim
The hose behind the TB is connected, what do I do about it running to lean? Is that something thats worked out in the tune? Like I said I Havent had a revision since the headers, TB and cam...gotta get on that I guess

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
So you installed headers, TB, and a cam WITHOUT a revision?!?! If so then that's DEFINITELY your problem. Get some logs to JB immediatly!!! And don't beat on it for God's sake man!!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
^^^^ and get an af gauge!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just sent some logs to him! couldnt get my laptop to work so I had to bring my damn desktop and monitor into the car with me. would you consider the 1 run down the track I did on sunday "beatin on it"?? I hope not haha.

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh boy,I did not know that or I would have never gone to the track..would I be able to tell if I did any permament damage from the way it drives? Nothing feels different from what I can tell

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
New mods = new tune

1 - 12 of 12 Posts