Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
i have troble code and cheack engien light troble codes p0032 and p0300 why is coming

A P0032 DTC (diagnostic trouble code) refers to the O2 sensor (oxygen sensor) located on Bank 1 in front of the catalytic converter. There is also an oxygen sensor behind the converter which is Sensor #2.
This O2 sensor #1 may also be refered to as an air/fuel ratio sensor since on some vehicles it is. The sensor detects the amount of oxygen in the exhaust gas compared to the outside air and then vehicle's computer adjusts the air/fuel ratio going into the engine. The sensor is less effective when the exhaust gas temperature is low, so it includes a heater which is activated to help get better readings from the O2 sensor. Essentially this P0032 code means that the resistance of the heater circuit is higher than normal. In some cases, that resistance level must be higher than 10 A to trigger the DTC code.

A P0032 DTC trouble code may be caused by one or more of the following:
  • <LI itxtHarvested="0" itxtNodeId="51">A short in the heater circuit in the sensor <LI itxtHarvested="0" itxtNodeId="50">A failed O2 sensor heater <LI itxtHarvested="0" itxtNodeId="49">Wiring/connectors broken/frayed leading to sensor and/or relay
  • Failed PCM/ECM
A P0300 diagnostic code indicates a random or multiple misfire. If the last digit is a number other than zero, it corresponds to the cylinder number that is misfiring. A P0302 code, for example, would tell you cylinder number two is misfiring. Unfortunately, a P0300 doesn't tell you specifically which cylinder(s) is/are mis-firing, nor why.

A code P0300 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:
  • Faulty spark plugs or wires
  • Faulty coil (pack)
  • Faulty oxygen sensor(s)
  • Faulty fuel injector(s)
  • Burned exhaust valve
  • Faulty catalytic converter(s)
  • Stuck/blocked EGR valve / passages
  • Faulty camshaft position sensor
  • Defective computer

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did this get resolved? I'm having the same exact codes on mine, it's running really rough, and the check engine light is flashing, I replaced the bank 1 sensor 1 already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah I'm getting the p0300 multiple misfire code, it's only does it if I drive it on the street if I drive it on the freeway it's perfectly fine. So it has compression I'm guessing it all happened after I unplugged the battery for two days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts