Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1: Anyone having issues with the stock alarm or keyfob. My alarm goes off by itself or ill be driving and it starts going off. lights flashing etc. The other night I had the tailgate open issue, which went away when i removed the battery overnight. And the distance for the keyfob is horrible..could it be the battery?

2: The truck started to overheat when I turned the defrost on! I was on the freeway, cruising around 80mph, turned on the defrosters bc the windshield was foggy, and when I did so, the needle just started climbing near max, it was a 50 degree night. no traffic. I turned it off and the needle went back down. went to the nearest gas station, and tested out my issue, and boom did it again. Anyone else have this problem?

3: While driving i will hear this noise that sound like a snake hissing, or air leaking from the driver side tire, but tires are fine, door is completely closed, but ill hear it, and the sound changes when i press my hand on the window, so i went thru a water only (power jets) car wash to check for window issues, and not a drop of water made it in..idk???

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Do you have a crankcase filter on your pcv, check it for hissing.

The other stuff sounds electrical, didnt you have a battery issue before ?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have a crankcase filter on your pcv, check it for hissing.

The other stuff sounds electrical, didnt you have a battery issue before ?
ohhhh lol yeah i forgot I put a filter on my crank case lmao...thanks. cool. So hissing from that filter and whistle from the bwoody intake...

na the battery tested perfect. the dearlership gave me a new one. When i researched the issue about the tailgate thing, i unhooked my battery for the night just to stop the alarm from going off bc the cops showed up. They said its a standard problem, kind of like the GY tire issue. Some goes bad with the tailgate sensor and will cause the stock alarm to go off even when the gate is closed.
i was thinking it could be the battery inside the keyfob <...perhaps. bc the distance has to be close to use it and use autostart which always doesnt read until im close enough that i might as well finish walking and put the key in the truck

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also do you have a picture of your srt8...i have a steel blue metallic, i wanted to see the difference between that and modern blue.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
You kinda have to see MB in person, but here's one.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Yeah I know, its worse with the angle of my driveway. But there's no way I am lowering from stock, it's still an suv.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man!!Pull that jack out from under the rear when you snap pics!!:p Lol J'k!
lmao...hmm i wonder if mine sits that high...

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Looks stock to me. Like I said my driveway is angled down and also slopes off to the side so it really hikes the back end up on the passenger side.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts