Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope my trinity is worth it. after reading about some of the problems i still decided to pull the trigger and buy one. if all you have to do is unplug it every time you get out of the car i can handle that i would do that regardless. but if im datalogging and tire pressure monitors go all crazy im gonna be a little irritated. What problems are you guys experiencing with the trinities on 07 jeep srt8s? is there any fixes? from what i read DS just blew the problem off.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
its worth it, I have an 08 so I dont have the issues but its worth it. like you said just unplug it before you get out the car or just have it in the car to datalog and pull it back out. way easier than laptop and predator. you may get tired of plugging it back in and having to going back to the page you were watching before you unplugged it

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Yup I have an 08 and have no issues with it.. Only guys who I see having some issues is the 07 guys...

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
06 with no issues either but yes it's worth it for all the advanced features.

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
2010 with trinity and no issues. Only issue I have is I'm not fast enough

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
07 it works, I just unplug at the bottom of the unit. otherwise the remote features are limited.

·
Registered
206 Posts
'07

I've had it a month or so, and it ALWAYS makes the rear passenger side TPMS lose its connection. Usually takes about 10 minutes and even if I don't display anything.. just having it plugged in will do it. If I unplug the Trinity, the Jeep's system ALWAYS reconnects to the sensor in a minute or less. I think that's the scan time... No good answer yet from Mike on the Diablo forum. Anyway, still would have bought it.

I tied my Innovate LC-1 AFR into analog channel 1. Had to find the pig-tail on-line. The manual said to always use Channel 2 first, but it would only read for 5 seconds and crap out. Anyway, now can do logs with the AFR reading.

After reading some guys having their batteries drained, so far, I always unplug it when not driving. I have left it for a couple of hours with no issues, though. It does seem to go to sleep OK with just one LED blinking. I set it at about 30 seconds. No issues with remote locks, remote start, or garage door openers so far

All in all, I like it and using the performance features are fun. Showed me a 3.53s 0-60 and also did a 8.89s 0-100 so far. I'm thinking that's a bit optimistic, since my best time slip is only [email protected] We'll see when I go to the Byron, IL track in a couple of weeks. Should be nice cool weather.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
My right rear TPMS light was flashing a couple times this weekend....

I love my new Trinity.......Datalogging is about 1000% Easier that the Predator/Laptop mess

I bought mine from Chris @ LPM..Great deal!

·
Registered
206 Posts
LOL.

Q. how do you tune a HEMI with a DashDaq?

A. you don't ;)
Mike,
I see one other person (1BAMFR) in this thread also has the TPMS issue. I'm guessing others do as well. Any further ideas on this? Without fail, every time I have the Trinity plugged in, this happens. Every time I unplug the Trinity, within a minute, the reading comes back. It is always the passenger/rear reading that is lost.
Overall, I really like the product, but just have this nagging issue.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
What's different about 07's than every other model year ?

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
LOL.

Q. how do you tune a HEMI with a DashDaq?

A. you don't ;)
LOL? Really?

Most guys have a pred including me (that makes me a customer) so I don't need a trinity for that. So now we get to monitoring and logging which the Dashdaq xl does quite well and is a lot cleaner device that is easier to blend into the interior. Trinity Not so much, it ugly when it comes to a cars interior and mounting it somewhere

Also I dont have to unplug it or have to worry about my TPS getting messed with.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
I think the trinity is worth it..

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
LOL? Really?

Most guys have a pred including me (that makes me a customer) so I don't need a trinity for that. So now we get to monitoring and logging which the Dashdaq xl does quite well and is a lot cleaner device that is easier to blend into the interior. Trinity Not so much, it ugly when it comes to a cars interior and mounting it somewhere

Also I dont have to unplug it or have to worry about my TPS getting messed with.
I feel you if that's your preference.

Most people are looking to avoid having $1000 tied up in a tuner and a monitor, which makes the Trinity a kick ass piece, especially for the price when you look at its capabilities ;)

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
I feel you if that's your preference.

Most people are looking to avoid having $1000 tied up in a tuner and a monitor, which makes the Trinity a kick ass piece, especially for the price when you look at its capabilities ;)

Thanks
But it would be nice if your company had a fix for the 07 people and how about a trans temp pid.

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
Its tough to say.

I have yet to have a vehicle show this issue in house, which would make it much easier to figure out ;)
Tell MW to swing by the house on his way back from the airport next time. I'll demo it for him ;)

Trans temp PID would be really useful for checking trans fluid level since it's temperature dependant. Could have used that this weekend at the track when Harrisons trans fluid was low.

J

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Tell MW to swing by the house on his way back from the airport next time. I'll demo it for him ;)

Trans temp PID would be really useful for checking trans fluid level since it's temperature dependant. Could have used that this weekend at the track when Harrisons trans fluid was low.

J
Agreed on the Trans temp.. Then I can get rid of my dashhawk too.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts