Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am sure this has been covered somewhere before but when i search for info on the trinity i seem to get swamped with all sorts of info except the stuff im looking for!

I ordered a Trinity for my 06 SRT. Im aware of the CRM program to tune the Trinity and that you are able to speak with Johna (sp?) aka toona (haha) to get a costume tune done. What im curious about is A) is it possible to get the program anywhere to work on your own tunes? and B) are there any other programs that will work with the trinity or is it proprietary to Diablo and CRM? I have done some googling and seem to get mixed comments on the latter so i figured i would defer to the experts!

again if this has been covered i apologize its hard to find the info when sifting through tons of trinity posts!

-Hutch-

· Registered
983 Posts
CMR software is the only way to custom tune our cars, there is no other software to my knowledge that will. you can buy the software from diablosport for 2500 bucks, yes that is two thousand five hundred dollars...just for the software. The only good thing about that is you are able to tune as many cars or trucks within the Chrysler limits as you want after buying the CMR software, in other words there is no need to buy individual licenses for each car to tune it. They do not offer a end user software so you can tune just your own car, at this point i am pretty convinced they will never offer a end user version of the software. if i would have known this before i bought my jeep...it probably would have changed what i drive today. to simply anwser your question, you need to cough up 2500 bucks to diablosport if you want to tune your own ride, they think they are the gods of tuning or some bullsh*t and hold that software above peoples heads.

· Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
CMR software is the only way to custom tune our cars, there is no other software to my knowledge that will. you can buy the software from diablosport for 2500 bucks, yes that is two thousand five hundred dollars...just for the software. The only good thing about that is you are able to tune as many cars or trucks within the Chrysler limits as you want after buying the CMR software, in other words there is no need to buy individual licenses for each car to tune it. They do not offer a end user software so you can tune just your own car, at this point i am pretty convinced they will never offer a end user version of the software. if i would have known this before i bought my jeep...it probably would have changed what i drive today. to simply anwser your question, you need to cough up 2500 bucks to diablosport if you want to tune your own ride, they think they are the gods of tuning or some bullsh*t and hold that software above peoples heads.

Unless you own a shop with a dyno, and have experience tuning vehicles......there is absolutely no reason to have the tuning software. If you have a shop, and a dyno.....$2500 is a pretty small investment.
Most people wouldn't even know what to adjust, or how to properly tune anyway.....its not exactly something you want to let the general public do. For $150-$200 you can get a CMR tune from a professional, with experience on your peticular vehicle. You can then use the tuning device to make fuel and timing changes to that tune, amongst other things. What more do you really need????

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the info guys! Stang, i was unaware that with the trinity i would be able to tweak air fuel and such. though is a pro tune i probably won't have any need to do so! all great info and i appreciate the fast response as always!

-Hutch-

· Registered
983 Posts
i have the experience, know what im doing, and have a dyno to do it on, not my own dyno in my own shop, but i have access to one. and when you getting email tunes for $200 those are not done on a dyno 98% of the time, people are logging on the streets and sending them off. im a do it your self kind of person with money to build my jeep but i have to work for it and save slowly, 2500 dollars to tune my own car is ridiculous when you look at the market and compare it to other EFI custom tuning software. im not telling everyone in the general public to tune their own car, BUT there is alot of us mopar owners in the general public that would love to tune our own rides. experience or not if someone detonates their motor....that was your call to try and tune yourself, nobody forced you into it and yes you should have let a professional do it. but there is the small percentage out there that would love for diablosport to release a single license for the CMR. just a quick comparison: when i tuned my friends 2008 evo x, COBB access port handheld 600 dollars tuning software comes WITH the handheld tuner, plus a wideband 200.00 installed. 800 dollars to self tune a 2008 evo x. when i tuned a buddies trailblazer ss, HP tuning software plus his wideband was 850 dollars total and we still have a license to tune one more vehicle. to self tune a jeep grand cherokee SRT8, software is 2500 plus a wideband 200 total of 2700 dollars. compare those 3 and tell me if you wanted to tune your own jeep how you would feel. it is what it is and when i have the rest of my turbo set up and its ready to install the very absolute last thing im going to buy is.....the CMR software for 2500 bucks. i just really hope in the next year they will release end user software.

· Registered
983 Posts
also stangslayer.....love that you went the procharger route. iv been piecing a turbo system together for awhile now but when procharger released their kit for the jeep i highly concidered selling everything and buy that kit!! i bet the launch is out of this world.

· Registered
4 Posts
i have the experience, know what im doing, and have a dyno to do it on, not my own dyno in my own shop, but i have access to one. and when you getting email tunes for $200 those are not done on a dyno 98% of the time, people are logging on the streets and sending them off. im a do it your self kind of person with money to build my jeep but i have to work for it and save slowly, 2500 dollars to tune my own car is ridiculous when you look at the market and compare it to other EFI custom tuning software. im not telling everyone in the general public to tune their own car, BUT there is alot of us mopar owners in the general public that would love to tune our own rides. experience or not if someone detonates their motor....that was your call to try and tune yourself, nobody forced you into it and yes you should have let a professional do it. but there is the small percentage out there that would love for diablosport to release a single license for the CMR. just a quick comparison: when i tuned my friends 2008 evo x, COBB access port handheld 600 dollars tuning software comes WITH the handheld tuner, plus a wideband 200.00 installed. 800 dollars to self tune a 2008 evo x. when i tuned a buddies trailblazer ss, HP tuning software plus his wideband was 850 dollars total and we still have a license to tune one more vehicle. to self tune a jeep grand cherokee SRT8, software is 2500 plus a wideband 200 total of 2700 dollars. compare those 3 and tell me if you wanted to tune your own jeep how you would feel. it is what it is and when i have the rest of my turbo set up and its ready to install the very absolute last thing im going to buy is.....the CMR software for 2500 bucks. i just really hope in the next year they will release end user software.
Mt thoughts exactly. I'm surprised that the end user cannot buy tuning software at an affordable price. GM and Ford are represented, but Mopar is not.

I am looking towards a used SRT8 later this year. Seems like high 12's/low 13's are pretty normal with a CAI and correct tune. I started doing my own tuning in 93 with a program and a prom burner for a 93 Vette I owned. Since then I've tuned FAST, Accel, BigStuff 3, Mefi4, and Holley in the aftermarket EFI realm. Had a Lightning and tuned that with SCT's Racer Pro for the Ford computer. Tuned a twin turbo GTO and the GM computer with HP Tuners. Did my last Duramax with EFI Live.

All of the above tuning systems were in the $600-$700 range. I have a standalone wideband that's not included. I do agree that not everybody should be doing their own tuning. That's where the box tunes work well. A custom tune is always better though, and the best custom tune can be done by a competent tuner and the vehicle in his possession.

Maybe they will offer something by the time I get my Jeep, but it's looking like I shouldn't hold my breath. :D

· Premium Member
265 Posts
Everyone is a "tuner" :)
The reason there is not a single user software version of CMR is due to the fact that this software package, unlike HP, Cobb and EFI was not designed with that intention to start with, hence to implement that, it will require rather large software re-write to accommodate this. That is the main reason why we do not offer it yet.
Just so you know.
Also, "unlimited" shop versions of EFI and HP are in the $10k range, so really $2500 is rather cheap in comparison.

· Registered
4 Posts
Everyone is a "tuner" :)
The reason there is not a single user software version of CMR is due to the fact that this software package, unlike HP, Cobb and EFI was not designed with that intention to start with, hence to implement that, it will require rather large software re-write to accommodate this. That is the main reason why we do not offer it yet.
Just so you know.
Also, "unlimited" shop versions of EFI and HP are in the $10k range, so really $2500 is rather cheap in comparison.
thanks for the info. As far as pricing I understand the difference between pro tuners and an end user program. I just prefer to be able to do my own tuning.

I wouldn't have a problem buying a tune from you either. But it would be nice if I could do the tweaking myself. I'm the one driving the truck every day, and I have the time to tweak all the areas. I know I'm not a pro like you, but I've tuned several over 1000 HP setups and have yet to break one due to my tuning. I have exceeded the parts limits however on a couple...... :eek: but I knew I was taking my chances, I'm fine with that. :D

· Registered
4 Posts
These are the perameters you can adjust with the Predator/Trinity.
https://www.diablosport.com/spages/supportdocs/How_to_adjust_parameters.pdf
I guess as long as you have the proper fuel curve for example in your tune then being able to tweak the curve up or down a bit would be fine. And this would be fine for most all people. I just know in the past even if I started with a pro tuners custom tune I ended up changing a lot of stuff to make it even better. Plus, when I add a mod (which invariably I end up doing) I don't have to go back to the tuner for changes, maybe several times to get it right.

Just a personal preference, no slap in the face to any tuners. I had already made up my mind to start with Jonah, but wanted to tweak it myself from there is all.

· Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
Just a personal preference, no slap in the face to any tuners. I had already made up my mind to start with Jonah, but wanted to tweak it myself from there is all.

Its pretty much a given that fuel adjustments will need to be made for the change in temps, but the CMR tunes are pretty damn good. Myself and others have run sub 12.5 with Johan's CMR tune with basic bolt ons...... The only adjustments I make are slight timing and fuel changes. The guys who get poor results from the CMR tunes, are the ones who don't datalog, and don't have an A/F gauge.

· Premium Member
265 Posts
I understand people who want to tune their own vehicles completely.
Shoot the only time i had to purchase a tuner was for my mini cooper turbo, the canned tune made my idle surge, Alta(guys who made the tunes for Cobb) said it was my vehicle and the mods, so I ended up buying the Cobb software(2K) to fix my idle and while i was at it tweak some other things, but i see why people want the end user software.

Single user software is slated to get done just no ETA at this point

· Registered
4 Posts
I understand people who want to tune their own vehicles completely.
Shoot the only time i had to purchase a tuner was for my mini cooper turbo, the canned tune made my idle surge, Alta(guys who made the tunes for Cobb) said it was my vehicle and the mods, so I ended up buying the Cobb software(2K) to fix my idle and while i was at it tweak some other things, but i see why people want the end user software.

Single user software is slated to get done just no ETA at this point
thanks, you're the man! :)

· Registered
983 Posts
i figured that it was the original programing was the main reason for it. and you have a very valid point of other unlimited shop versions are pushing the 10k mark. for an unlimited software yes 2500 dollars is a steal of a deal. if i had my own shop, dyno, and marketable business i would have no problem paying that. i feel like a single version of CMR has been on the to-do list for awhile now and hopefully it gets released soon. but if there is not a projected date for release i feel like its still on the back burner on very very low :( im really not trying to bash on diablosport, their the only ones with tuning software for our cars for a reason. thats all folks!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.