Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I know it is stupid question, but I can't find much information...

I am trying to spend around 5-600 bucks to get some decent tune.

I have owned my jeep for 10 days and spend enough money already

so trying to NOT spend too much, and limited my budget until summer.

I know there are more features on Trinity but is it really worth for paying twice as much over predator?

Can't decide,,, which way should i go? I am afraid to buy Trinity later for not satisfying with Predator..

BUT, I am sure I won't mount anything while driving...( I like to keep it clean, and I don't want to get questioned from my wife :) )

so help me out with your inputs

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
If you are looking to get a custom tune and want to data log to get it dialed in, then I would get the Trinity. You can data log for hours to the Trinity itself.
Also, you can monitor different parameters while driving with the Trinity and hook up a wideband sensor to it if you wanted.

With the Predator you can still data log....just limited to a 9min long log, unless you take a laptop with you.

Both will load custom tunes.

I have had them both and have the Trinity now.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds like Trinity is more way to go : )

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
sounds like Trinity is more way to go : )
It really depends on what your future plans are. The Predator is all you really need, unless you plan more extensive mods than bolt-ons, and/or you plan to hit the track frequently.

Like Dan said, he had a Predator and now has a Trinity. Same with me. Many others have followed the same path.

Convenience-wise, the Trinity wins hands down both in the vehicle and at the computer. Also if you have a pre 2009, the Trinity adds the EVIC like racing timers, 0-60, 1/4 mile, etc.. Fun to play with, and useful to check out your gains from the different mods. If your Jeep is a later model, you already have those functions built into the vehicle. Also as new features are added to the Diablosport repertoire, the Trinity can be updated with a simple download. The Predator will likely never get those.

wink

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for answers, I have 2010

All I want was getting Johan Tune after CAI

any other benefit beside some information display?

what's the deal with update? what would it do?

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Thanks for answers, I have 2010

All I want was getting Johan Tune after CAI

any other benefit beside some information display?

what's the deal with update? what would it do?
I've got a 2010 as well. Sounds like all you need is the Predator. With just a CAI, Johan will likely nail your toon the first time, or at most after a log or two. So you can save some money on the Predator. You will need to get the serial cable and power supply to hook it to the computer, unless you have a PC laptop already. But you'll still need the serial cable either way.

As to updates... Who knows? If they come up with some new functionality, Mike at DS has said due to memory constraints, the Predator probably won't get the benefits, but there are normal upgrades to both that should still work.

wink

·
Registered
265 Posts
Do yourself a favor and get a catch can as well, i would get that before anything else.

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
You will be happy with either but if your going with a e mail tune i would get the Trinity.
This way JOHAN can get the tune dialed in from your data logging. So far i been lucky with my cmr dyno tune and i run very well with it as i no JOHANS TUNES ARE SOME OF THE BEST IN THE BUSSINESS. To bad he is not out here in SUNNY CA LOL.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm... big dilemma

as far as Catch Can, I have already ordered it last week, but they are out of stock until next month....

But, they already charged me....

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like I have to with Trinity.... May be I will wait for more and get CAI with it

Thanks guys

1 - 11 of 11 Posts