Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new guy here. Bout my 08 about a month ago and have been lurking until i knoew id need help as i started the mods.

Trying to hook up my brand new trinity...

Here is what is it is telling me after i plugged in an entered my vehicle type

A trinity Demo CROM with 01 octane has been loaded. the original backup must be restored to that vehicle before tuning another vehicle is possible.

Any clues what is going on? i am tring to read up and learn, any help is appreciated. thanks RB

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Sounds like the trinity you got was used to tune another vehicle and never restored. You'll either need to return that other vehicle to stock or you have to give Diablo about 130 bucks to have it unlocked.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i bought it supposidly new from Maryland Speed, that sucks. i will get a hold of them. thank you!

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
i bought it supposidly new from Maryland Speed, that sucks. i will get a hold of them. thank you!
Definitely get ahold of them, maybe just a demo file to show how it works. I'm sure they will get you taken care of no problem.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Actually you can just go to change vehicle type, choose demo, and then go to the Performance tune option, and restore the original backup, it should then reset and you can go back to the change vehicle type again and pick your jeep and it should be good to go.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Actually you can just go to change vehicle type, choose demo, and then go to the Performance tune option, and restore the original backup, it should then reset and you can go back to the change vehicle type again and pick your jeep and it should be good to go.
Well there's your answer from the man himself....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Johan, you are the man. That got me in and hooked up! Thank you. Two more questions of you would. How do I power the unit off when I am not in the truck? And now that I installed the new canned tune, as I wait for my catch can and yours......my outside temp gauge reading is incorrect? Any more help is much appreciated. Thanks again. RB

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
The unit will go into sleep mode after x amount of time by itself, or you can just unplug it.
Not sure about the outside temp reading thou, never heard that one before.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Temp fixed itself, love when that happens. All hooked up and running good, a slight difference with the canned tune. seems to rev a little further and has better throttle response, plus milage seemd a tad better. Cant wait for yours Johan!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts