Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not new to custom tuning but first time diablo sport user and having an odd issue, trinity 2 ex platinum is fully updated with the latest mopar performance tcm, jeep is real aggressive and runs great but when i set trinity to raise engine rpm limit 600 rpm i throw an overspeed code and tranny disconnects when using autostick at 6200 rpm and in drive 1st gear shifts at 5200 rpm and 6200 rpm all other gears but if i tell trinity to leave stock rpm limit my jeep shifts at 6700 ish rpm and no codes in all gears and modes, is this normal with the diablo sport platform? Anybody else have no 93 cai tune on trinity? On the bright side since installing mtcm i no longer get error msgs during tune loading. Diablotoona will be doing a custom tune in a few weeks but just curious about my current situation.
Thanks for responding since diablo support wont return emails.

·
"guy with the crazy Jeep"
4,862 Posts
A TCM has absolutely no bearing on loading a tune...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you're thinking it's a trinty issue also? Kinda the only thing left, I'll try diablo again or talk to diablotoona, man that first gear goes away fast lol.

·
Premium Member
3,222 Posts
Crazy, I agree with Brian in terms that the TCM has no bearing on loading a tune ...If I were you I would sell that Rubbish T2 Bull$#!T before it completely [email protected](KS you and your Jeep up and buy just a regular old a$$ T1000 and go from there, especially for a WK1. I know so many people that are having serious issues with the T2, but everybody wants the latest and the greatest, but can't deal with the issues LOL Dealing with Diablosport Customer Support can be a pain in the a$$ too. You better listen to our Buddy Megalo Man because he has tons of experience on this platform and his 2007 Jeep is no slouch either.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
?yeah starting to think i just should have found a stand alone ecm, much easier to deal with than these wierd issues.

·
4,862 Posts
So you're thinking it's a trinty issue also? Kinda the only thing left, I'll try diablo again or talk to diablotoona, man that first gear goes away fast lol.

How’s that manual shifting working out?

Reactions: viking757

·
4,862 Posts
?yeah starting to think i just should have found a stand alone ecm, much easier to deal with than these wierd issues.

I’ve been as fast as 9.2.

Runs consistently 9.5

All on factory modules except for the TCM. Why are you making this so hard?? Stand alone engine management? Why, why, why...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now that i got the over speed issue resolved i like it alot but as you said 1st gear goes away really really fast so i need to work on my timing, if i get to a point I'm going to be running at at track I'll have a karma tcm for consistency in the 1/4 and now i got a good core to send in.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im totally a newbie on the srt8 platform, and I guess I'm quick to revert back to what I'm familiar with, this jeep was supposed to be a stock daily driver until I got my sled truck back together but i cant help messing with stuff lol

·
4,862 Posts
9.2 is pretty damn impressive, looks like your associated with a performance company, I'm i wrong?

I’m a carpenter contractor. My BFF is a roofer and he’s been 9.35.

No need to reinvent the wheel here.

Reactions: SPEEDDEMON

·
Premium Member
3,222 Posts
Crazy, you are truly living up to your name!!! I can see that you are going to end up spending tons of money on a Stock Truck, on a platform that you know very little about, that has already been figured out, while guys like Mr. Megalo and me, that have been around here since 2008 or before will be here eating some Popcorn.

Im totally a newbie on the srt8 platform, and I guess I'm quick to revert back to what I'm familiar with, this jeep was supposed to be a stock daily driver until I got my sled truck back together but i cant help messing with stuff lol

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
Why make things harder when they don’t need to be? Take the human element out of it and have guaranteed repeatability.

My industry deals a lot with machine learning and other forms of artificial intelligence and one thing holds true - if you program the computer to do a process it will repeat said process with far more consistency than any human can accomplish.

In this case we are taking about shifting. No one ever said you cannot still shift with the Karma TCM, but in case you are too slow now you have a safety net.

Overtime you will realize multi tasking does not work and you will let the TCM do it for you.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's ok in my book grab a coke too lol everyone has to learn in the beginning and i like to know the details, I've been in contact with johan aka diablotoona for a custom tune for now, not really sure if I'm going to get to wild with my srt8 cause my diesels are my main thing but maybe I'll do a 426 stroker kit or something later, forums are hard for me because I don't know anybody and their true experience levels and lets be honest a lot of people don't have any clue and pass bad information around but I'm keeping a mental note of those i think know their stuff.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think im hitting wrong buttons on the reply stuff so dont get pissed if my responses are out of order

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Crazy, I agree with Brian in terms that the TCM has no bearing on loading a tune ...If I were you I would sell that Rubbish T2 Bull$#!T before it completely [email protected](KS you and your Jeep up and buy just a regular old a$$ T1000 and go from there, especially for a WK1. I
know so many people that are having serious issues with the T2, but everybody wants the latest and the greatest, but can't deal with the issues LOL Dealing with Diablosport Customer Support can be a pain in the a$$ too. You better listen to our Buddy Megalo Man because he has tons of experience on this platform and his 2007 Jeep is no slouch either.
Yeah I'm starting to really hate this piece of garbage t2 ex platinum, cant even log 20 pid's for diablotoona, cant stream data to data viewer, oil pressure gauge wont show pressure and on and on, really regretting getting it.

·
Premium Member
3,222 Posts
You are my friend too Georgie Porgie and I'm slow as $#!T and I didn't even know you owned a Performance Shop...You are holding out on me man SMH :crying: What's your shop name and where is it located...Let me PM you a list of Parts that I need so I can at least be as fast as you are with that 9 second Raped Ape that you have there :grin2:

Yeah, he's my friend.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts