Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to Richmond Dragway (Virginia) last night and ran twice. It was really busy being the first "Street Wars" of the night. Anyways, first run I was in the left lane and drove around the water hole. Ran a 12.154. Didn't detect any spinning but had my QTC cutouts closed. Trinity said I wan a 2.5 0-60 in 500'. Hmmm. I did a 3.5 sec on the street once.

Second run was in the right lane with exhaust open (after a 90 minute coolfown due to a crash). I couldn't drive around the water cause they had it clear across the staging lanes. I spun all 4 upon launch and the Jeep was pulling to the left. Still managed a 12.119. I would have thought it would have been slower but it was my fastest run to date.

Anyways, do you think I have an 11.9x in it? And what's up it's the 2.5 sec 0-60??

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I did my 0-60 at the track last weekend one pass with my Trinity and it said I did a 3.5 not sure about that 2.5.

What was your trap speed and 60 ft times? I'm pretty consistent at [email protected] with a 1.7 60 ft. I'd think if your trap speed and 60ft times are close you can.

Also, do you disable traction control with the Trinity when you run?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
60' is always 1.8 sec. Same as before I got the 426.

My trap speed was 114. Yeah traction control off.

My Jeep lugs around about 200 lbs of stereo system and another 220 lbs of me.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've never turned traction control off with the Trinity only with the button.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Next time you're at the track try it. It forces awd instead of letting the computer decide. I torque break to about 2k rpms and gun it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I'd like to believe it did 2.48 seconds to 60 but the 515 feet seems weird... a quarter mile is only 1320 feet so it doesn't make sense. I thought I put in my vehicle type and tire/wheel size, but I recently upgraded the software on my Trinity and it has been weird ever since.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I know you guys are wk1 but just to note on wk2s if you turn traction control off with Trinity it forces rwd and can be catastrophic to parts (rear end).
I don't think it's the same on the wk1. It's also called dyno mode and forces awd.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts