Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After testing CeraKote Headlight restore with great results on my wife’s Lexus, I decided to give their trim restore a shot... on the bottom trim and bumper of HER 2009 car!

Ive tried other trim restorers before, and they seemed more of a lotion or oil... they remained moist collecting dust, and washed away after a few washes. This stuff is supposed to be a ceramic coating that is dry once cured and is supposed to last for 200 washes.

I prepped the surfaces to by washing, drying, and applying an automotive wax remover. The restorer comes on pre moistened wipes, 10 wipes per pack. A little goes a long way! I only used 3 wipes for the whole car... 1 for the drivers side, 1 for the passengers side, and one for the back bumper and bumper step. Not including prep, it took me about 10-15 minutes to wipe on.

It was getting dark by the time I finished, but it looked real nice. I’ll see if I missed any spots or got any streaking tomorrow. If it turns out good, I’ll try it on the wiper cowl, bumper step pad, and roof rails Of my GCSRT.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just used the stuff on my bumper step and it turned out great! It was looking dried out and ashy, with scratched from my dog jumping in. Now it looks almost new. I should have taken a BEFORE pic but forgot...
C2B4E0A5-28A4-4AC7-B356-19DB27B31EC7.jpeg

·
Registered
2010 WK1 coming soon......
1,502 Posts
Where do you pick that stuff up?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Amazon... not many uses on the Jeep, but I’m finding spots. So far, I’ve done the bumper step, roof rails, and the small rubber gutters next to the roof rail. The rails and gutters only required one packet, and I used one packet for the step.

After checking over the Jeep, I figured I will eventually do the wiper cowl and the side mirror bases. Other than Han that, I can’t find many other textured plastic ares on the car, except for maybe the grill openings and hood scoops.

·
Registered
2010 WK1 coming soon......
1,502 Posts
Thanks, gonna grab some now👍

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found a few new places to use my extra packets while emptying out my catch can today. There’s plenty of textured plastic under the hood! If I get bored one of these days, I’ll hit it up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts