Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well the install is done and the testing begins...

Finally after four years the Can Bus is so hacked...

All those neat little things everybody always wanted is about to happen..

Joe wanted me to stress that this is just in beginning development so no purchases yet but alot of neat things will be available.

Chryslers engineers and are gonna be so pissed :p I just love playing with "End of Line " testing commands.

Yes Jerseyboy the "Lock" is there....

On with the picture show...

So I decided to do the install under the console using the wiring from the ORC module for power and Can Bus hook up to the "B side.

The C bus tie in is made at the ESM

Nice to have the install directions right in front of you..

Connecting the TCM

Graphic user interface.

Oh yea just playing around with some other neat toys...

·
Just trying to go Fast
17,143 Posts
Dude Jeff..... that is so bad ass!! That REALLY controls the TCM? That needs to be available to us like NOW!! Is that shift pressure % on all the gear shifts? Can shift points be adjusted?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Whoa! This is BIG if we can adjust the shiftpoints as well as adjust torque management and shift pressure per gear! Give us at least a little info!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Dude Jeff..... that is so bad ass!! That REALLY controls the TCM? That needs to be available to us like NOW!! Is that shift pressure % on all the gear shifts? Can shift points be adjusted?
Well it intercepts the TCM Can Bus signals and modifies them.

Availability all in due time, lots of good reading on the LX site.

The real plus here is this module has the ability to "talk" and send commands to any module in the whole vehicle

No more "hey how do I do a 2WD burnout" questions, with the answer being remove the transfer case motor.
better yet... do a 2WD burnout and leave in 4WD.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
That's great news Jeff! Been following the talk over in LX land and was wondering if it would ever work on the Jeeps. Seems a much better option than the MTCM or MHP TCM. And the price is in everyone's budget.

wink

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's great news Jeff! Been following the talk over in LX land and was wondering if it would ever work on the Jeeps. Seems a much better option than the MTCM or MHP TCM. And the price is in everyone's budget.

wink
Thats the idea to have the power of all the tuning tools available now along with Star Mobile and Chrysler Diagnostic it all depends on how far and how reasonable this can all be done.

Now not to sell the other TCM's short right now alot can be improved in the current calibrations it's just alot of Siemens calibration info along with the ST10 microprocessor isn't available and WinOLs gets you so far, also the 6.1 TCM is still bada$$ so adding that along with this may be good (thats why this product is being tested.)

·
Super Moderator
3,751 Posts
I've got a spare MOPAR TCM if you want to load it up with something to see how it works.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Thats the idea to have the power of all the tuning tools available now along with Star Mobile and Chrysler Diagnostic it all depends on how far and how reasonable this can all be done.

Now not to sell the other TCM's short right now alot can be improved in the current calibrations it's just alot of Siemens calibration info along with the ST10 microprocessor isn't available and WinOLs gets you so far, also the 6.1 TCM is still bada$$ so adding that along with this may be good (thats why this product is being tested.)
Cool! Yeah it looks like in the next week or two we should start seeing more feedback from those that've received theirs. I'll be watching the progress...

wink

·
Premium Lurker
4,234 Posts
Well it intercepts the TCM Can Bus signals and modifies them.

Availability all in due time, lots of good reading on the LX site.

The real plus here is this module has the ability to "talk" and send commands to any module in the whole vehicle

No more "hey how do I do a 2WD burnout" questions, with the answer being remove the transfer case motor.
better yet... do a 2WD burnout and leave in 4WD.

Really!??!!? I'm sold! :D

I know you've been at this one for quite some time now - congrats on all your progress. I'll be closely watching the progress on this as well.........

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
As far as shifting and TCM control, how is this different than the Tranzformer and/or "Silver Box" for the LX? I still have one that I haven't hooked up yet.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,143 Posts
As far as shifting and TCM control, how is this different than the Tranzformer and/or "Silver Box" for the LX? I still have one that I haven't hooked up yet.
Good question Jeff!

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
It almost seems like its the same concept as the Transzformer (but tested and made for the Jeep).
I believe that's exactly what it is. You can see the Z AutoTech program running in the pictures. From what I gather from the LX guys, it's a step up from the Silver Box.

wink

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
I believe that's exactly what it is. You can see the Z AutoTech program running in the pictures. From what I gather from the LX guys, it's a step up from the Silver Box.

wink
Well, let's just see what happens here...

·
Just trying to go Fast
17,143 Posts
Chewing some popcorn and waiting!!

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Why yes it is. ;)

What it ain't is the "Silver Box" that was just a Pulse Width change box (yep I bought one and ripped it open LOL nothing impressive there)

You guys should know by now not much gets by me ,

wink
Way beyond that.......

1 - 20 of 160 Posts