Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone well I'm new to the jeep SRT8 family, I got a 2009 jeep srt8 like 2½ months ago everything been great. Untill the other day I was heading to work I reverse from the driveway I heard a whine, put her on drive heading the the road it kept whining gave it a little gas and sure enough it was the jeep front end somewhere. So heading down to a 4 way stop took a left and the jeep hesitated rpm spiked to about 4-5k seemed like it skipped a gear. Then it shifted so head more down the road I took a right turn and nothing seem like it was in neutral. Went to neutral from drive and back and nothing. Pulled over called a tow truck to bring it home. I don't know what I can be might have to take it to the dealership.
Thanks, i'll attach a picture of it

·
Contributing Member
4,551 Posts
Check your fluid. If it is low, these transmissions like to act weird. I will say, even being low they do not act that bad, but you never know. Have the dealer check it since we do not have dipsticks in these jeeps.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
I Had to replace my transmission when I had these symptoms. Hopefully that’s not the case for you but it was for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Did you do a rebuilt tranny?
I wish I knew that was an option at the time. I ended up buying a new one from the dealership. Would be a cheaper option honestly. If going new might as well get an upgraded one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello fam, Well I got a used one from the dealership with 2 year warranty. No problems after only $4500 otd.
Thanks for everyone

1 - 9 of 9 Posts