Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be putting in an order for a new tranny soon;

I've yanked out a transmission before, and I've got AllData, but any tips for removal/install? Never toyed with a transfer case before...

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, thanks Bill - PM inbound.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
sawzall, torch, and hammer....only things you need to remove anything under your jeep. Oh, and duct tape in case you take something out that should've stayed. :D

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Eric. I also got some WD40 in case I hear anything squeeky after I zip-tie the tranny in place.

By the way, did you have the HTC-r or Viking from SHR?

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Thanks Eric. I also got some WD40 in case I hear anything squeeky after I zip-tie the tranny in place.

By the way, did you have the HTC-r or Viking from SHR?
I had the HTC-r, Viking came out about 6 months or a year after I got my trans. Holding up perfectly, no issues.
Good call on the WD40 and zipties. :D

It really isn't that hard at all to remove honestly. Disconnect the driveshafts from the tcase, unbolt the tcase to get it out of the way. Unbolt the trans and drop it. Get yourself a long extension to get the bolts at the top of the bell housing. Of course there are other connections and cables that need to be undone but thats the general, high level rundown. If you wanted, you could leave the transfer case attached until after you dropped the trans but it makes it more awkward.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, pretty standard stuff. I just wanted to make sure there would be no surprises when working around the transfer case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.