Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I just discovered this same leak on my 2010 today.
I gotta be honest in saying for a $50k vehicle it really has a lot of bullshit issues.
I'm getting sick of it.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
220 Posts
Just left the dealership for trans leak replaced bushing and trans electrical connector plus 1 quart of trans fluid $125.00

·
Registered
400 Posts
Thanks for the info...

My 2nd WK1, and I'm now an official member. A bit disappointed, my rig just turned 15k miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Damm this is one club I choose to avoid but you guys sucked me in. I had this tranny leak on my 08 GC SRT8 after being serviced twice.. It gets smokey when I ride her hard especially on inclines. ANY HELP FROM THE GANG WOULD HELP!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Help

I got the dreaded leak. My '07 just turned 15k and presto, leak appeared. I ordered the part, changed it out, and now it's dry as a bone. Great! But as soon as I took it out for a test drive it went into "limp mode" with no CEL. I cycled the key three times to trigger the CEL and it's throwing a P0710 & P0717. I limped it to the dealer for them to check the fluid level...all is good and they verified no leaks. I re-cleaned the 13 pin connector to make sure it's getting good contact and I'm still having issues. Any help/advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oil filler tube O-Ring

For me it was an o-ring at the base of the oil filler tube. Once the o-ring rots oil is pushed up through the rotted part onto the headers. Hence the smoke. A jeep repair technician misdiagnosed this and the cost was upwards to 400 bucks for a 3 dollar part. I wanted to sue the dealership afterwards.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well my 2007 sat for 4 days and I noticed "The Leak". Not much on the ground but definitely transmission oil. Thinking I will have the transfer case oil replaced as well, only 40k miles on her.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well vehicle is still in the shop for a diagnosed transmission pan gasket leak. I purchased an extended warranty and it came with a three month warranty and neither company will take care of the problem. So pissed right now!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Update!!!! One of my warranties will pick up the repair, but.....they will only pay 2.4 hrs of the 3.0 hrs that the shop is requesting. Guess who is paying the .6 hr to get my SRT one day and a half earlier. This guy!! So, disgusted at this point because I have gone to this dealer for 11 years.

Money is time and time is money!!!!

41 - 51 of 51 Posts