Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
359 Posts
This question may sound weird but believe me: What tires are you running, brand sizes and wear?

· Registered
359 Posts
i have stock size tires, back are nitto 420 and fronts are wallen or something like that. i know that the back are almost done but the front's are still with alot of tread. but the fronts do have some cupping and make tire noise while driving but it is different than the grinding noise. i was wondering if maybe the tires were the issue. just don't know how the transfer case can be bad when it drives fine and the noise is only at those speeds,
Haaaaaaa ha!!

I would try to change the tires ASAP. I had different brands (front vs rear) tires on when I purchased the jeep. It had more thread on the front and less thread on the back and I was having the same issue. I replaced them with brand new tires and BOOM the noise an vibration was gone.

Not 100% sure you will solve your problem, but it's worth a try. The TC is very peaky about this.

Good luck!

Reactions: Blkoutsrt8
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.